Page 205 of 226 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 2252
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by gee38l View Post
    Ok i think TNT methods are showing the correct estimated delivery which you say is based off TNT servers so I'm assuming it takes into consideration the weekend etc.
    Yes. it does.

Quote Originally Posted by gee38l View Post
    Is this the same as Aus post methods (clicknsend)? Looks like it doesn't take the weekend into consideration and displays the standard shipping times eg. 2 days for regular and 1 day for express.
    Australia Post itself doesn't take weekends into account, but the ozpost servers do. (also public holidays).

About the only difference between TNT quotes and the Australia post quotes is that quotes made after 3pm will have an additional day added.

These estimated days really are only estimates. Other than TNT (which is quite specific) Australia Post and all other couriers have a ~2 day window. The ozpost servers ensure that estimated deliveries won't occur on weekends. (Saturday or Sunday postage is "permitted" for Australia post pre-paid products)

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Zencart 1.51
    Ozpost - V3.6.1

Hi Rod

I'm hoping you can help, when we try to add a 1 kilogram item to the shopping cart and go to checkout, the only shipping options offered are

Australia Post Parcel under 500g
    Australia Post 500g Express Satchel

Which seems a bit odd

I have tested this on an old version of the site from when we upgraded a few years ago using an older version of ozpost
    Zen - 1.51
    Ozpost - V3.4.0
    and the option that came up was
    Australia Post, 3kg Express Satchel

Which seems correct to me.

Any idea what would cause this

or what information you might need me to provide to help you diagnose it, because I am heartily stumped
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nigelt74 View Post
    Any idea what would cause this
    Check the ozpost weight setting. It's probably either unset, or set for set to gms.

Also check for the 'hide parcel' settings. You've possibly got the 'Hide parcel rates if Satchel sized' set to 'yes'.

If this doesn't help please provide a link to the 1kg product that is showing the problem.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    Check the ozpost weight setting. It's probably either unset, or set for set to gms.
    Cheers I think thats got it, it wasn't set so i set it to kgs,

odd that it worked ok in the old version but not the new, something must have corrupted when i was moving the database from test to actual store, will do a bit more testing and see if i can figure what happened

Thanks heaps, i had looked and didn't even think to check that
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nigelt74 View Post
    Cheers I think thats got it, it wasn't set so i set it to kgs,

odd that it worked ok in the old version but not the new, something must have corrupted when i was moving the database from test to actual store, will do a bit more testing and see if i can figure what happened

Thanks heaps, i had looked and didn't even think to check that
    Don't waste any time looking for the cause. There was a bug in a couple of the earlier versions of the code that caused this setting to become unset with some of the later updates. Unless you've observed other problems that is most likely to be the cause.

Cheers
    Rod.
    ps. I got your pm's and was able to verify my diagnosis, but you'd already got back to me before I was able to confirm.

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod,

I know your a busy man but.......

I use the copy product quite a bit in Zencart when I have a range of products I entering. It is possible for the Ozpost install to modify zencart to copy the length, width and height when the product is copied?

It's not a big issue, more of an annoyance having to do it manually.

Cheers,

Peter

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Peter Homann View Post
    It is possible for the Ozpost install to modify zencart to copy the length, width and height when the product is copied?
    Is it possible? Yes.

Will it be something that I'm willing to implement? No, at least not in the foreseeable future.

There are many reasons for this.
    1) The copying/moving of products isn't really function that a shipping module needs to handle.
    2) If added, I can't be assured of future update compatibility.
    3) It involves editing of core files, that may have been edited by other modules.
    4) Lack of time.
    5) Lack of demand (you are the 1st person to ask me for this)

I could probably come up with others, but you get the general idea.

Now, having said that, in theory it should be quite an easy modification to make. First you'll need to identify the file(s) that handle the copying of products.
    Next you'll need to locate the lines of code that mange the *weight* fields, and finally you'll need to replicate these lines 3 times and edit the weight references to length, width & height respectively.

As I say, in theory it should be quite easy (only minimal coding knowledge required). The hardest part is in identifying the file(s) that need to be edited.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod, I don't think this has been raised in the past, but with over 200 pages alone on this thread, I might have missed something. We are a user of your Ozpost module and it's going really well for us on our shops. However, now we have a need where one of our customers uses Pickerings to pick up goods (these can be a box, a few boxes, a pallet or a number of pallets) from the producer and delivers them to a metro Depot in each states main city. They then deliver from Depot to Door.

Are you aware of a way that we can cost this into ZenCart or (you) build into Ozpost? I'm sure we wouldn't be the only user out there that does this sort of things.

Basically, we have a minimum cost for collection (based on 5 boxes), then we add a cost per pallet (one price for the first pallet, then a different for two or more pallets). Then we have to add the Depot to Door costs as well.

I'm not sure if this can be done within ZenCart as it stands "out of the box" or how we can work this one. Are you able to offer any advice?

Many thanks
    Tanya (at My Red Zebra).

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by My_Red_Zebra View Post
    Are you aware of a way that we can cost this into ZenCart or (you) build into Ozpost?
    No. Something like this will probably never be built into ozpost. I'm really not clever enough to handle the math involved. That's why ozpost doesn't support the concept of 'boxes' or 'parcel splitting'.
    I'm sure we wouldn't be the only user out there that does this sort of things.
    The problem isn't about calculating shipping costs, it's more about 'parcel packing' , and although many 'solutions' have been tried and implemented (with various different shopping carts) I don't know of any that have the perfect balance of what is theroetically possible and what is humanly possible.
    Basically, we have a minimum cost for collection (based on 5 boxes), then we add a cost per pallet (one price for the first pallet, then a different for two or more pallets). Then we have to add the Depot to Door costs as well. I'm not sure if this can be done within ZenCart as it stands "out of the box" or how we can work this one. Are you able to offer any advice? Many thanks Tanya (at My Red Zebra).
    I suspect that the only way this would be remotely possible is with custom coding that is uniquly specific to your store, and only then if all your products are the same size.
    Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Rod, are there any changes planned/required to make Ozpost play nice with Zen Cart v1.5.3?