Page 211 of 226 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 2252
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Rod, I have no idea what transpired but when I re-checked the template-override directory, the shipping-estimator file has now been updated.

Does the distribution file that will be available in the Plugins list the file-related changes that are made? I keep a copy of all the site's files locally and I really don't want to have to go through directory-by-directory to find out what files have been changed in the update.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lat9 View Post
    Does the distribution file that will be available in the Plugins list the file-related changes that are made?
    Yes and no.

Yes, one of the files does list all of the files that the module updates.
    No, there isn't a file that details what changes have been made to any of the files listed.

I keep a copy of all the site's files locally and I really don't want to have to go through directory-by-directory to find out what files have been changed in the update.
    With almost all of the ozpost updates, the only changes have been to the 'main' ozpost.php file.

Where the installer needs to modify any core code it creates a backup called filename.php_ozpRestore, so to quickly find the changed files just search for the *_ozpRestore files.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Another question: Shipping weights.

I've got a product that is defined with a weight of 0. The ozPost Weight factor is kilos, the "Tare Weight" is 500:+90,1000:20,2000:15,10000:+2000. the "Action on 0 Weight" is default, the default weight is 2900.

When I estimate shipping, the weight of the product is shown as 4.9kg. Where did that number come from?

Plugin Contributions

Another question: Shipping weights.
    I've got a product that is defined with a weight of 0. The ozPost Weight factor is kilos,
    0kg or 0gm, its all the same :-)

the "Tare Weight" is 500:+90,1000:20,2000:15,10000:+2000.
    These are applied to the parcel, not the individual items.

the "Action on 0 Weight" is default, the default weight is 2900.
    Uhuh.

When I estimate shipping, the weight of the product is shown as 4.9kg. Where did that number come from?
    The defined product weight is '0' so the 'Action on Zero Weight' is applied, giving this item a weight of 2900gm and a tare weight of 15% = +435gm = 3.335Kg...

Nope. That's not it. Perhaps something has gone amiss with the tare calculations, and they are seeing the assigned weight as 2900kg, and therefore giving a tare weight of 2kg... At least that will explain the 4.9kg.

Enabling the debug should indicate the tare weight being applied, as well as whether its a fixed amount or a percentage, so it shouldn't be hard to verify this suspicion.

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Rod, I've copied and pasted the debug-information HTML, confirming your suspicions regarding the tare weight:
    Code:
    Weight	  2900g 	Items	 1	Weight	 4900g
    Dimensions	  29 x 25 x 2.5 	 29 x 25 x 2.5
    Cube / Weight	  1812.5cc / 0.453125kg 	 1812.5cc / 0.453125kg
    Calculated: Length=29.20cm, Width=25.20cm, Height=2.70cm, Weight=4900g, NumBoxes=1
    Using a tare weight of +2000gms

Plugin Contributions

Rod, I've copied and pasted the debug-information HTML, confirming your suspicions regarding the tare weight:
    Code:
    Weight      2900g     Items     1    Weight     4900g
    Dimensions      29 x 25 x 2.5      29 x 25 x 2.5
    Cube / Weight      1812.5cc / 0.453125kg      1812.5cc / 0.453125kg
    Calculated: Length=29.20cm, Width=25.20cm, Height=2.70cm, Weight=4900g, NumBoxes=1
    Using a tare weight of +2000gms

So, after a lot of testing and checking, I couldn't find anything wrong with the code, and it turns out that these are the correct results to be expected.

With the "Tare Weight" Setting of 500:+90,1000:20,2000:15,10000:+2000

Parcels up to 500gm have 90gm added
    Parcels 501gm - 1000gm have 20% added
    Parcels 1001gm - 2000gm have 15% added
    Parcels 2001gm - 10000gm (and over) have 2000gm added

So with your zero weight product, using the default weight of 2.9kg plus 2kg tare = 4.9kg

Cheers
    RodG

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, RodG, for doing the math! I was being lazy ...

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod

This may be a bit convulouted, but i am trying to give all info I can to hopefully see if you can spot where I have gone wrong

We have just moved servers (to iinet hosting) and ozpost dropped dead taking out the cart page and the admin shipping modules page so i couldn't disable it
    What i have done
    I used the highly unscientific method of deleting one by one the shipping module files out of /includes/modules/shipping as soon as i deleted the ozpost one the admin shipping modules page appeared again (obviously sans ozpost),
    I then tried uploading a fresh set of ozpost files (both module and language) matching the version(3.5.2?) that was already there. the admin/modules/shipping page broke again.
    I deleted these and uploaded the latest version (3.6.5) files of ozpost, and eureka the admin page worked however the cart kept hanging and not working.
    so next through the /admin/modules/shipping page I did an uninstall reinstall (making sure the settings were saved) and now it is working in the cart
    However in admin if I click the "test ozpost server" I just end up with a broken /admin/modules/shipping page, no info is returned from the ozpost server

/admin/modules.php?set=shipping&module=ozpost&action=test

How would i test to see what is going on
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Should add, this is something to do with my server as i tested in another clients zencart (they also use ozpost) and the ": Click here to test the ozpost Servers" worked perfectly on their site, I guess i have to work out if it is something in my admin that is blocking it or something else
    Webzings Design
    Semi retired from Web Design

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by nigelt74 View Post
    We have just moved servers (to iinet hosting) and ozpost dropped dead taking out the cart page and the admin shipping modules page so i couldn't disable it
    I've no idea why this would have happened. A bad file copy perhaps?

What i have done
    I used the highly unscientific method of deleting one by one the shipping module files out of /includes/modules/shipping
    Works for me :-)

as soon as i deleted the ozpost one the admin shipping modules page appeared again (obviously sans ozpost),
    I then tried uploading a fresh set of ozpost files (both module and language) matching the version(3.5.2?) that was already there. the admin/modules/shipping page broke again.
    I deleted these and uploaded the latest version (3.6.5) files of ozpost, and eureka the admin page worked however the cart kept hanging and not working.
    For what its worth, the only file from the ozpost distribution package that has been changed in the V3.x.x series is the /modules/shipping/ozpost.php file.

so next through the /admin/modules/shipping page I did an uninstall reinstall (making sure the settings were saved) and now it is working in the cart
    However in admin if I click the "test ozpost server" I just end up with a broken /admin/modules/shipping page, no info is returned from the ozpost server
    Clearly something isn't right, but this is a new one to me.

How would i test to see what is going on
    Good question, but before I answer, is the problem currently limited to the server testing? If you don't invoke this option can you still make config changes to the ozpost module?
    Is the store able to provide quotes?
    Are there any error messages during the uninstall/reinstall process?

What is the name of the store (so I can check the server logs for any clues).

Cheers
    RodG