Page 30 of 226 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080130 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Hi all,

I was having the same "SimpleXMLElement on line 351" problem as some others here. I was wondering why I hadn't had any sales... Luckily a new customer emailed me, because I've been travelling and had no idea about the problem.

Setting CURL=yes in the ozpost module admin section fixed it.

Just posting here to keep track of further developments...

Shen
    aum mani padme hum

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    At the moment no. This problem can almost certainly be resolved by code changes at either the client or the server, and for consistancy (and accuracy) this is best done on the server.
    I suspect in either case similar 'effort' would be required, so rather than looking for a 'quick fix' that is where I'll be heading.

Thanks for reminding me though..
    I really do have it on my 'todo' list, but another reminder in another couple of weeks may not go astray.

Cheers
    Rod
    No problems Rod, thanks for letting me know.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
    it seems that the international rates (specifically, letter rates) appear even though "oversea" shipping methods are all disabled. Is there any way around that as I would only require International Express for international.(Ps i'm using ozpost 1.02)
    Any help would be appreciated. [/I]
    I've just taken a look at this and can't seem to replicate the problem.

Do you have a URL so that I can see for myself (and monitor the logs at the same time).

It is possible that this problem may have already been fixed in the copy of ozpost.php that you can find from the following link.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/attach...7&d=1252290889

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hi Rod, I'm using the latest version of Zen Cart and the latest version of Ozpost. I've just run the Debug Error Logging Utility through my almost-finished shop and it gave me three error logs. Here they are:

[13-Oct-2009 20:03:34] PHP Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [<a href='function.SimpleXMLElement---construct'>function.SimpleXMLElement---construct</a>]: Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, '&lt;' not found in /var/www/html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php on line 345
    [13-Oct-2009 20:03:34] PHP Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [<a href='function.SimpleXMLElement---construct'>function.SimpleXMLElement---construct</a>]: 326 in /var/www/html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php on line 345
    [13-Oct-2009 20:03:34] PHP Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [<a href='function.SimpleXMLElement---construct'>function.SimpleXMLElement---construct</a>]: ^ in /var/www/html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php on line 345
    [13-Oct-2009 20:03:34] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /var/www/html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php:345
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php(345): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('326??<?xml vers...')
    #1 /var/www/html/shop/includes/classes/shipping.php(129): ozpost->quote('')
    #2 /var/www/html/shop/includes/modules/pages/checkout_shipping/header_php.php(170): shipping->quote()
    #3 /var/www/html/shop/index.php(36): require('/var/www/html/s...')
    #4 {main}
    thrown in /var/www/html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php on line 345

[13-Oct-2009 20:05:08] PHP Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [<a href='function.SimpleXMLElement---construct'>function.SimpleXMLElement---construct</a>]: Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, '&lt;' not found in /var/www/html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php on line 345
    [13-Oct-2009 20:05:08] PHP Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [<a href='function.SimpleXMLElement---construct'>function.SimpleXMLElement---construct</a>]: 5c in /var/www/html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php on line 345
    [13-Oct-2009 20:05:08] PHP Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [<a href='function.SimpleXMLElement---construct'>function.SimpleXMLElement---construct</a>]: ^ in /var/www/html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php on line 345
    [13-Oct-2009 20:05:08] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /var/www/html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php:345
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php(345): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('5c??<?xml versi...')
    #2 /var/www/html/shop/includes/modules/shipping_estimator.php(134): shipping->quote()
    #3 /var/www/html/shop/includes/templates/dreamy/popup_shipping_estimator/tpl_main_page.php(16): require('/var/www/html/s...')
    #4 /var/www/html/shop/index.php(97): require('/var/www/html/s...')
    #5 {main}

[13-Oct-2009 20:05:14] PHP Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [<a href='function.SimpleXMLElement---construct'>function.SimpleXMLElement---construct</a>]: Entity: line 1: parser error : Start tag expected, '&lt;' not found in /var/www/html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php on line 345
    [13-Oct-2009 20:05:14] PHP Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [<a href='function.SimpleXMLElement---construct'>function.SimpleXMLElement---construct</a>]: 49 in /var/www/html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php on line 345
    [13-Oct-2009 20:05:14] PHP Warning: SimpleXMLElement::__construct() [<a href='function.SimpleXMLElement---construct'>function.SimpleXMLElement---construct</a>]: ^ in /var/www/html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php on line 345
    [13-Oct-2009 20:05:14] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'String could not be parsed as XML' in /var/www/html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php:345
    Stack trace:
    #0 /var/www/html/shop/includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php(345): SimpleXMLElement->__construct('49??<?xml versi...')
    #2 /var/www/html/shop/includes/modules/shipping_estimator.php(134): shipping->quote()
    #3 /var/www/html/shop/includes/templates/dreamy/popup_shipping_estimator/tpl_main_page.php(16): require('/var/www/html/s...')
    #4 /var/www/html/shop/index.php(97): require('/var/www/html/s...')
    #5 {main}

I have no idea how to decode let alone fix these problems and was hoping you could shed some light?
    I've not done anything at all to change the Ozpost module. All I've done is install it. BTW 'dreamy' is the name of my custom template.

Ta! Cafman

Plugin Contributions

Good news!

It's fixed.

Before I posted my original question I tried to find a fix on these forums but couldn't figure out what search term to use, since there were so many terms in the DeBug error reports.
    After I posted, I simply ploughed through every 'ozpost' message I could find here, until I came across someone who had similar probs. Your advice, Rod, was to enable 'curl' in the admin panel, which I did, and now all is well.

Love OzPost again.
    Caf

Plugin Contributions

Hmmmm,

I'm also getting the SimpleXMLElement error too, but enabling curl doesn't fix it.

I've been running the ozpost module for my old zencart 1.3.7 installation, in an effort to figure out why the ozpost module doesn't work properly with my newer zencart 1.3.8 installation.
    The zencart 1.3.7 version worked fine until I enabled SSL then the SimpleXMLElement error came up. This puzzled me because with 1.3.8 the problem with ozpost is that I get a blank screen at checkout, but only if I enable SSL, otherwise it works fine.

Another piece of the puzzle I guess.

Plugin Contributions

I've just taken a look at this and can't seem to replicate the problem.

Do you have a URL so that I can see for myself (and monitor the logs at the same time).

It is possible that this problem may have already been fixed in the copy of ozpost.php that you can find from the following link.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/attach...7&d=1252290889

Cheers
    Rod
    Hi Rod,

Ok i've just tried updating using the new ozpost.php you have posted but it's still the same, Letters are still coming up in international orders despite having them disabled (they are enabled for domestic letters though).

I've pm the link, can you advise which logs i should look at? thanks again for your help!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by poohbear View Post
    Hi Rod,

Ok i've just tried updating using the new ozpost.php you have posted but it's still the same, Letters are still coming up in international orders despite having them disabled (they are enabled for domestic letters though).

I've pm the link, can you advise which logs i should look at? thanks again for your help!
    Attached to this message is an updated ozpost.php file.

download, unzip, replace /includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php with this copy.
    Log onto admin, click unistall and then reinstall. (This is important).

This should take care of your problem.

Please advise either way.

Cheers
    Rod
    Last edited by RodG; 8 Dec 2009 at 01:47 PM.

Plugin Contributions

hmm, interesting quirk with the the SimpleXMLElement error (using v1.0.4).

If my store name is a single word, I get the error, but if I have a two word store name, I don't get the error
    i.e. the space eliminates the problem

Plugin Contributions

Attached to this message is an updated ozpost.php file.

download, unzip, replace /includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php with this copy.
    Log onto admin, click unistall and then reinstall. (This is important).

This should take care of your problem.

Please advise either way.

Cheers
    Rod
    Ooop. Wrong file was arrached. Use this one instead <sigh>

Tired and late/
    Last edited by RodG; 8 Dec 2009 at 01:47 PM.