Page 54 of 226 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664104154 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    im currently not getting the AP flat rate error option. it is displayed in the shipping estimator ok, but not in the checkout options.
    This bug has been fixed in ozpost V1.0.6, which should be found attached to one on my messages in this forum.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

so why hasnt the zencart/free-addons download been updated ??

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hayden View Post
    so why hasnt the zencart/free-addons download been updated ??
    Not enough people have been affected by the problem.
    Lack of time to create a new distribution package.
    Lack of interest/motivation to create a new distribution package.
    Always busy working on the next update (v2.x.x with TNT support).

Pick any or all of the above.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post
    This is a known bug. Replace the file
    /includes/modules/shipping/ozpost.php with the one attached to this reply.

http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/attach...1&d=12604557391.0.6.zip
    Cheers
    Rod
    Is this the only update between the download in the add ons rod?

Cheers

PS I know its a big ask but any chance you can come up with some simple intructions (or some sql patch?? :))) based on the new fields added with ozpost to help with product uploads via easypopulate?
    Last edited by michellewardley; 18 Mar 2010 at 09:45 AM.
    Michelle Wardley
    Fine Artist & Musician

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by michellewardley View Post
    Is this the only update between the download in the add ons rod?
    Yes, but please note that the update in the forum doesn't have a complete set of files, so you'll still need to download and install the files from the add-ons and then replace the relevant files from the 1.0.6 .zip file in the forum.

PS I know its a big ask but any chance you can come up with some simple intructions (or some sql patch?? :))) based on the new fields added with ozpost to help with product uploads via easypopulate?
    Not any time in the foreseable future (plus I'm not really sure what you are after), but if you want to give it a go yourself, anywhere in easypopulate that has a reference to products_weight would simply need to be expanded/replicated to include products_length, products_width and products_height.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

but if i already have it installed then its just a case of that patch file?
    Michelle Wardley
    Fine Artist & Musician

Plugin Contributions

but if i already have it installed then its just a case of that patch file?
    Correct.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hello Rod and everyone here,

I really appreciate this ozpost module. It is amazing and has benefited me more than a lot! Thank you, Rod.

Now I am wondering if there is a way to show the shipping cost in a table of different shipping options (i.e., just like the result we get when estimating the postage on shopping cart page) on each product description page.

Since I know there is some module that can determine the viewer's country and city simply by his IP address, I am hoping there is also a way to predetermine a viewer's location and automatically calculate the postage by the OZpost module, and then show the result of the shipping cost in somewhere of the product description area. If the viewer has already logged in, then his recorded location/address will be directly used for the this calculation...

Is this practicable? And any idea to make this 'come true'? I really need your help!!

Thanks so much for your time and attention.

Regards,
    Brian

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bnamodel View Post
    Now I am wondering if there is a way to show the shipping cost in a table of different shipping options (i.e., just like the result we get when estimating the postage on shopping cart page) on each product description page.
    I'd say that yes, this probably is possible.

Since I know there is some module that can determine the viewer's country and city simply by his IP address,
    This is true, but the accuracy isn't to be relied upon because IP addresses and Geographical locations have no relationship with each other other than 3rd party databases.

I am hoping there is also a way to predetermine a viewer's location and automatically calculate the postage by the OZpost module and then show the result of the shipping cost in somewhere of the product description area. If the viewer has already logged in, then his recorded location/address will be directly used for the this calculation...
    I'd say that yes, this is possible.

Is this practicable? And any idea to make this 'come true'? I really need your help!!
    OK, now that I've told you that all of your dreams are possible, time for the let down.

None of the things you are asking for is specifically 'ozpost' related. The reason being is that ozpost, like all the other shipping modules, only serve one very specific purpose, and that is to supply a shipping cost based on certain input parameters.

How or where these costs are displayed or used isn't a function of the shipping module(s) - These are controlled either by zencart itself, or the template files that are being used.

Similar applies in regards to the viewers location (geoIP) and it's relationship with ozpost and/or other shipping module(s) - The location data needs to be supplied to the shipping module(s). The shipping modules have no means or need to determine this information themselves, it just isn't a part of their required functionality.

What this basically all means is that to change how the shipping quotes 'look' you'll need to create/edit your own template file(s).

It is true that the ozpost shipping module does already come with a pre-modified template file (tpl_modules_shipping_estimator.php), but I have intentionally made as few changes as possible from the original file in order to minimise any maintainance or compatibility issues - In other words, if you feel you are up to the task (or know of someone that is) then a few tweaks of your custom tpl_modules_shipping_estimator.php file will have it looking however you wish :-)

Tip: This same file can also be used to set a destination location for visitors as well (in fact the trapping for an undefined destination is the reason I modified tpl_modules_shipping_estimator.php in the first place).

Anyway, to summarise .. I think all of your requirements can be acheived with further customisation of the tpl_modules_shipping_estimator.php file, but do keep in mind that this isn't an 'ozpost' file - it is core zencart file that it used by all of the shipping modules, so treat with caution.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Thank you very much for the advise, Rod. If possible, I will make an effort to achieve this.