Page 90 of 226 FirstFirst ... 40808889909192100140190 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: ozpost shipping module

Quote Originally Posted by vicpug View Post
    The new Ozpost module is interesting, especially with the ability to split into multiple parcels.
    For the record, this isn't an 'ability' that the ozpost module has. It is in fact the default zencart behaviour.

I cannot get the weights to all by in sync.
    It is probably best not to try (at least not without knowing a little about the underlying code).

All items are in Kilograms, and Ozpost is configured for Kilograms. The Debug shows that the Cart weight 18000 grams which is correct. But the size / weight debug line shows 18.00 grams !
    [/QUOTE]

Alas, the image you attached is too small for me to read the details, so I'm pretty much guessing here ...

The debug shows several things, among them, how the weights and dimensions are being processed by the ozpost module itself. As well is this it should be showing the weights and dimesions being sent to the server for costing, and these figures will differ from the earlier figures if the maximum dimensions have been restrained or if the split by weight has been enabled.

Is there another configuration entry that I have not set.
    It is unclear from your posting as to whether you actually have a problem, or simply wondering why the numbers displayed in debug don't 'sync' .

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

The Debug shows that the Cart weight 18000 grams which is correct. But the size / weight debug line shows 18.00 grams ! Is there another configuration entry that I have not set.
    It looks like you may have found a bug.
    Line 204 of ozpost.php reads:

$parcelweight = $shippingweight ;

If you are weighing everything in Kgs, then change this to read:
    $parcelweight = $shippingweight * 1000 ;

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Many thanks indeed Rod. Much better now. cheers

Plugin Contributions

I was wondering if you might be able to help me RodG

I am using version Zen Cart v1.3.8a and Ozpost version V2.0.6 on a new site (currently in test, not production).

It is an Australian site but the business rules are that no orders to be taken within Australia as that is covered by their retailers. I have disabled (unchecked) the Australian shipping options.

My problem is that the shipping calculator defaults to flat rate BUT only when logged in as a test customer (US). If I use the shipping calculator with a guest cart (using same country - US) there is no problem at all.

I have followed the setup instructions but am wondering if I have missed something, I don't believe it is a bug in Ozpost but perhaps something that has been overlooked in the setup of customers/zones???

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    It is an Australian site but the business rules are that no orders to be taken within Australia as that is covered by their retailers. I have disabled (unchecked) the Australian shipping options.
    hhmmmm..... ok....

My problem is that the shipping calculator defaults to flat rate BUT only when logged in as a test customer (US). If I use the shipping calculator with a guest cart (using same country - US) there is no problem at all.
    I cannot explain this behaviour. Logged in or not, you should get the exact same results for the exact same destination. There must be more to this that we aren't seeing.

I have followed the setup instructions but am wondering if I have missed something, I don't believe it is a bug in Ozpost but perhaps something that has been overlooked in the setup of customers/zones???
    Perhaps.... even probably. I'm not exactly sure how or why though as the ozpost module doesn't use zones, well, at least not in the usual zencart way.

The ozpost module only 'knows' two 'zones' - Australia and the rest of the world. It determines which of these to use based on the destination country code (AU).
    The fact that you are getting different results between a logged in user and a guest user would suggest that they are using a different country code. This is particularly the case with a guest user where the module doesn't have any clue where the guest is coming from (this is why the ozpost distribution files contain a modiifed shipping template file in order to force destination before a quote is provided.

Other than this, there really isn't much I can tell you - it is a mystery to me too.

Cheers
    Rod

Plugin Contributions

Hey Rod..

I hope that's adds a little humor to your day ??

I was doing a compare on V2.05 and V2.06 and found this little gem..

OK, now we have a 'real world' package made lets see if the user requires splotting by weight

Can you please enlighten me and advise what splotting is

Thanks,
    Mike

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Dean View Post
    Can you please enlighten me and advise what splotting is

Thanks,
    Mike

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Splot

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by RodG View Post

The ozpost module only 'knows' two 'zones' - Australia and the rest of the world. It determines which of these to use based on the destination country code (AU).
    The fact that you are getting different results between a logged in user and a guest user would suggest that they are using a different country code. This is particularly the case with a guest user where the module doesn't have any clue where the guest is coming from (this is why the ozpost distribution files contain a modiifed shipping template file in order to force destination before a quote is provided.

Other than this, there really isn't much I can tell you - it is a mystery to me too.

Cheers
    Rod
    Thanks for your reply Rod :-)

So, focusing on the logged in user for now, the shipping calculator defaults to flat rate when logged in as a test customer...could you please advise under what circumstances that it would do this?

I am supposing that this is the default return when there is an error.

Is there a list of areas that I could check to see if they are set up correctly?

Thanks in advance.

Plugin Contributions

OK, so some further information here.

When logged in as a user, the module will work as long as there are no dimensions set on the individual products. If I set the dimensions, then place an order for 10 of that item, it aggregates the dimensions ie product is 25cm x 10cm x 2cm it makes the parcel 250cm long, and therefore invokes the error.

Is there a way to get around that?

Thanks!

Plugin Contributions

So, focusing on the logged in user for now, the shipping calculator defaults to flat rate when logged in as a test customer...could you please advise under what circumstances that it would do this?
    The flat/static rates are used when no other valid methods are found.

I am supposing that this is the default return when there is an error.
    Yes, this would be one condition (assuming it is an error getting a response from the server).
    Another reason is if the responses received from the server are all excluded by the many user methods.

Is there a list of areas that I could check to see if they are set up correctly?
    I'm not sure what you mean by "list of areas", but the way to debug the problem is to first enable the debug option :-)
    As well as filling the screen with a lot of junk, this also bypasses any user filters and will display *all* of the methods returned by the server.

The server itself will provide quotes for AU destinations OR Overseas destinations.. never both at the same time.

If the server does return suitable quotes, but they don't show when NOT in 'debug' mode, it means that particular method has apparently been disabled.

If the server doesn't return suitable quotes in debug mode it should return some kind of error message explaining why 1 or more of the methods have failed.

Hope this helps?