Plugin Contributions

Default Authorize.net Communication Problem

I've read through as many threads about Authorize.net as I can but I just can't seem to get my shopping cart to communicate with them.

I have Authorize.net (SIM) turned on, along with Credit Card - Offline Processing and Paypal IPN. I am able to enter in all of my credit card information, and when I confirm my order it tells me that I have made a successful transaction. I even receive two emails stating that the purchase has been made.

But I receive no confirmation email from Authorize.net stating that an order was placed. Additionally, when I check Authorize.net there is no record of any transaction taking place.

I have tried removing the Credit Card - Offline Processing, but when that happens the credit card option disappears from the payment options screen.

I am completely stumped on what could possibly be the problem at this point and am open to any recommendations. Thanks!
    Fuzzy Ink
    It'll Grow On You!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Authorize.net Communication Problem

The "Credit Card - Offline Processing" module is the one you were just entering numbers into ... and ... it never talks to authorize.net. It has a very specific purpose, and is not recommended in most cases: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=67

The SIM module will only say "Credit Card", and will NOT show any fields for entering credit card info. Your customer will have to enter CC details on the authnet site AFTER they confirm the price on your site ... it's a confusing and disjointed flow. The AIM module collects CC numbers directly on your site, making it more intuitive.

Solution: Turn OFF the "Authorize.net (SIM)" and "Credit Card-Offline Processing" modules, and turn on the Authorize.net AIM module, and configure it: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=373

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks DrByte! I've uploaded the AIM module and it seems to be working just fine for me. I'm glad it was something as simple as this.
    Fuzzy Ink
    It'll Grow On You!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Remember you'll need to ensure your site uses SSL if you're using the AIM module.
    (You should use SSL anyway since you're collecting personal information from customers, whether related to payment details or not.)

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.