Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Support Thread: Product Special Order

Hello Thanks for this mod it works just fine the only thing is it shows the out of stock/ sold out icon on item description and does not let the customer add the item to there shopping cart is there a fix or solution for this.

Thanks for your help..
    lex

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Support Thread: Product Special Order

There is another setting in the store that allows for out of stock products to be purchased. It's not related to this mod...

Plugin Contributions

hello I really like this mod How do I fix. Okay when someone ads an item to there cart that is special order it is set -100. Okay so the person checks out the product is no longer available to add the item to there cart -101 the item changes to out of stock.

Thanks
    Lexxie

Plugin Contributions

I want the link of "Units in Stock: Special Order Item" to be in Red. Only I can't work out how to edit it.

The code that defines that link goes like this:

Code:
    <!--bof Product Special Order Mod  -->
      <?php 
    	if ($products_quantity > 0) {
    	  echo (($flag_show_product_info_quantity == 1) ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_QUANTITY . $products_quantity . '</li>'  : '') . "\n"; 
    	} elseif ($products_quantity < -99)  {
    	  echo (($flag_show_product_info_quantity == 1) ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_QUANTITY . '<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><a href="javascript:popupWindow(\'' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_PRODUCT_STOCK) . '\')">' . TEXT_SPECIAL_ORDER . '</a></span></li>'  : '') . "\n"; 
    	} else {
    	  echo (($flag_show_product_info_quantity == 1) ? '<li>' . TEXT_PRODUCT_QUANTITY . '<span style="text-decoration:underline;"><a href="javascript:popupWindow(\'' . zen_href_link(FILENAME_POPUP_PRODUCT_STOCK) . '\')">' . TEXT_BACK_ORDER . '</a></span></li>'  : '') . "\n"; 
    	}
      ?>
    <!--eof Product Special Order Mod  -->
    I have tried simply adding this

Code:
    <span style="text-decoration:underline; color:#00ff00;">
    http://intelligentworkshoptools.co.u...roducts_id=841

But that just changes the colour of the underline. I think it's got something to do with the way the CSS is inheriting, but I thought it should take the code that is closest to the tag?

Any help appreciated

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I am testing this mod on a website that is not yet in use. Everything installed and changed perfectly. Thanks.

My question is how can I use this to also show items that when depleted will require a custom made order?

We have some products that we won't have made again unless someone submits a PO with a down payment and then there will be a 5 to 6 week lead time. It is more complicated and expensive than a simple reorder since custom orders require a minimum order of 10,000 pieces.

Other products are readily available for re-order and will work perfectly with the mod as is.

Are you working on anything with more elaborate options?

Plugin Contributions

I'm pretty stuck with my special order products module.

I was hoping to be able to use it to allow certain items to be only ordered as a special order with a longer waiting time for delivery but I come across the following problems:

a) If you set it as -99 the item will be SOLD OUT
    b) If you disable the SOLD OUT button coming on - then genuinely sold out products will still be available for ordering
    c) There's no differentiation between 'Special Order' and 'Back Order' products - so its hard to tell if items in the basket are back order items or strictly special orders.
    d) It's hard to tell what is a special order item without opening the particular product page in full (not visible from preview page).

Can anyone help with suggestions, as i'm in a bit of a pickle.

Pleeeeeease :-)

Plugin Contributions

After reading the questions in this thread, I was a little reluctant to try and install this module. But, I have found that if I follow all the steps in the included ReadMe file, that it works fine in my Zen-Cart 1.51 install.

I wish there was a way to hack the code a bit so the icon for BackOrder and Special Order were different, but the description is in there, and that works fine.

christospur, I set my stock to -100. I can tell the difference between Special Order and Back Order only in the item description. There is no indication in the shopping cart. I would have to assume that a simple php query (as done in the product_info page) would indicate in cart if the item is BO or SO.

I think that a little more tweaking of the plug-in, and this should be a good fit for me. I hope the author comes back to pickup the project and address some of the concerns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12