Plugin Contributions

help question Protx Payment Errors

Hi I'm testing my site just now and I keep getting the following error through my payment checkout.

Your card could not be authorised! Please correct any details below and try again, try another card or contact us for further assistance.

(4020 : Information received from an Invalid IP address. The value was 92.48.75.102.)

Protx is being used in test transaction mode for now but surely there shouldn't be an error here. It lets me go through the full checkout process and when I click confirm order it throws up that error and returns me to the page for putting in my credit card details again.

Please can someone help with this I don't know where to start.

Thanks in advance

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Protx Payment Errors

Protx prevents spoofing of transactions by insisting that they come only from the server where the store is located. You have to provide it with the originating IP address, which you do in the Protx Control Panel on their servers. If I remember correctly this is the IP address of your server and not your site.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

help question Re: Protx Payment Errors

Ok thanks for the reply on this one. I'm struggling with a few issues just now and you're the only one so far that's helping me.

So does that mean then that the ip address in the error is not the ip address I need to put into the protx admin settings?

Plugin Contributions

To me the IP address is just a string of numbers. I can't tell whether it's the right address not properly entered into Protx, or the wrong address correctly entered.

I recommend checking carefully the wording in the Protx control panel to see whether it wants the server or the site IP. Check with your webhost to ensure that you know the IP Address you need and if you're using the test server make sure you're logging into the test Control Panel for Protx to enter it.

That's quite a lot of detail and it's easy to get one or other bit wrong the first time around. But this is a very reliable payment gateway and well-worth getting set up correctly.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Thanks very much for you help with this kuroi. I really appreciate it. I'll get on to protx to see if they can shed any light on it. Its def in the correct part of protx I've logged the details so it might just be the wrong details I've put in.

Just need to try and work out the rest of the problems I'm having now!