Plugin Contributions

Default Certain items flat rate only

I'm sure this is super easy, but I can't find it.

First off I got my first order today

But, I made no money

The dreaded shipping monster got me

I sell child safety products. Now I'm not stocking some of the larger more expensive items b/c my supplier is only 2 days UPS ground away.

Turns out some products in my store will be shipped to me in separate box's. This will KILL my profit margin. So a total order of 3 lbs cost me 16.50 to get it to me.

What can i do so certain products (oversized ones) get a shipping price of xxxx and other items get USPS calculated price?

The problem lies is that the oversized items all weigh diferentlly. So one package thats a baby gate might weigh 20lb, and another is a tub guard that wieghs 1 lb. So obviouly you can't charge the same flat rate on those two items.

Please help guys!!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Certain items flat rate only

Actually the more I think about it, the simplest way to solve my issue would be, to be able to make certain items NOT combine with others in the shipping calculator.

For them to be treated like separate orders.

Plugin Contributions

What exactly are your shipping rules?

BTW - Congrats on getting the order!!
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Not sure what you mean by my shipping rules, but as of now it's all done by weight for all products. Now this is ok if no-one orded something big with something small.

example:

-A baby gate alone is 15.00 USPS

-A pack of plug covers is 10.00 USPS

The cart automatically combines the two items weight, right? Problem is nothing else will fit in the box with the baby gate (its packaging box is it's shipping box.) So for this order I would have to ship two separate boxes. Thus my problem. A minimum of 10.00 per order for that extra box. And as you all know when you only make 20.00 profit and 10.00 gets chewed up by shipping, you starve REAL quick.

I'm just thankful I cought this early.

I don't think there is a "button" to turn off or on to make this happen, but I'd like to be able to choose separte products and tell the shipping module to treat it as a separate order. NOT combine the shipping total weight.

At this point at the mercy of you guys, please help!!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Childproof View Post
    Not sure what you mean by my shipping rules, but as of now it's all done by weight for all products. Now this is ok if no-one orded something big with something small.

example:

-A baby gate alone is 15.00 USPS

-A pack of plug covers is 10.00 USPS

The cart automatically combines the two items weight, right? Problem is nothing else will fit in the box with the baby gate (its packaging box is it's shipping box.) So for this order I would have to ship two separate boxes. Thus my problem. A minimum of 10.00 per order for that extra box. And as you all know when you only make 20.00 profit and 10.00 gets chewed up by shipping, you starve REAL quick.

I'm just thankful I cought this early.

I don't think there is a "button" to turn off or on to make this happen, but I'd like to be able to choose separte products and tell the shipping module to treat it as a separate order. NOT combine the shipping total weight.

At this point at the mercy of you guys, please help!!!

I have a similar problem/question.

Most of my items are fine to calculate shipping based on weight alone. However, I do have 2 items that are heavy (but small enough for a flat rate box) that I don't want shipping based on the weight - I just want those 2 items to have the flat rate added automatically.

For now, I figured out to just add the flat rate shipping into one of the items price because it's a non-taxable item so it all works out ok. However, that's not ideal because then when I look at my sales data - it's not entirely accurate because it shows income for the whole price (shipping included) and I think that is going to mess me up later.

The other item is taxable - and shipping is NOT. I'm really stuck on figuring this out!

How do I add the flat rate shipping (non-taxable) to these 2 items only?

Thanks,
    Bekah

Plugin Contributions

Is this not possible guys?