Plugin Contributions

Default Customised product selection / purchase process, difficult to develop in ZenCart?

Hi there,

I'm doing a bit of research at the moment before starting a website which will require a customised shopping cart. I would like to find a cart with all out the box features that I require but having looked at various solutions I think I'm going to struggle on that front. One of the features I need is to be able to provide a step by step process for selling a product, the product (Glasses) will have various add-ons and variations and won't be a simple case of selecting and purchase process.

Here is the intended process for buying glasses:

1) Choose frames
    2) Choose lenses
    3) Choose tinted lenses
    4) Choose extras (Cases, straps)
    5) Enter prescription
    6) Shopping basket
    7) Checkout

Is this something that is feasible using ZenCart? From looking at other posts it certainly seems to be. If so is there any advice you can give me before starting out or any links to places where I might find more information about this?

Thanks,

Chromis

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customised product selection / purchase process, difficult to develop in ZenCart?

You may like to investigate using ATTRIBUTES to do this... in the same way that vendors of clothing would display a T-shirt, for example, then use ATTRIBUTES to allow the customer to choose colour and size.

Some months ago, I saw a zencart set up with a very fancy facility. It was a jewellery maker who had incorporated a swf flash file that allowed the customer to choose a basic ring design, add a stone, choose ring size, etc, etc. At each step the swf would "refresh" showing each result of the customer's selection. When satisfied, the customer would "Add to cart" and somehow the software would "parse" the product detail to the shopping cart.

Very nifty... but for the life of me I can't recall the site's address!

... but it shows it is possible
    19 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customised product selection / purchase process, difficult to develop in ZenCart?

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    You may like to investigate using ATTRIBUTES to do this... in the same way that vendors of clothing would display a T-shirt, for example, then use ATTRIBUTES to allow the customer to choose colour and size.

Some months ago, I saw a zencart set up with a very fancy facility. It was a jewellery maker who had incorporated a swf flash file that allowed the customer to choose a basic ring design, add a stone, choose ring size, etc, etc. At each step the swf would "refresh" showing each result of the customer's selection. When satisfied, the customer would "Add to cart" and somehow the software would "parse" the product detail to the shopping cart.

Very nifty... but for the life of me I can't recall the site's address!

... but it shows it is possible
    Thanks Schoolboy, Zen Cart is sounding more and more like a viable option for my project. I'll research the ATTRIBUTES aspect. Let me know if you remember that site.

Has anyone else any experience in this area?