Threaded View

Plugin Contributions

Default fast and easy checkout w Direct Bank Deposit w No default shipping

I've just installed the Fast n Easy Checkout (FEC 1.28) mod. As soon as I get these issues sorted its going to be Brilliant.! I'll then install the easy_signup mod and it will be Flying !!

But first...
    I'm using a Windows development machine, with FEC mod installed on ZCv1.3.8a, and using the AustPost and Direct Bank Deposit (DBD) Mods.

Problems.:

1. With or w/out the Single Page Checkout selected:
    a. The Australia Post Charges are not calculated on the first load of the checkout page because the module does not know what shipping method the customer wants to use.

Displaying:

Sub-Total: $169.90
    Australia Post (ERROR:Unable to obtain a valid quote from the Australia Post Server.
    You may still checkout using this method and we will contact you with postage costs as soon as possible.): $0.00

GST: $15.45
    Total: $169.90

b. Upon making all required selections on this page, the page then re-loads again, when the customer hits [confirm order].
    c. Whith this second load of the checkout page, the payment method that the customer had selected on the first load of the page, is now NOT selected, requiring the customer to again select the payment method.
    d. The mod at http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...hipping+method does not fix this

btw.
    e. Note that for my live site, without FEC installed, the Cheapest Shipping method is automatically selected. Not the case following the install of FEC mod.

Question 1 : How do I make ZenCart automatically default to the cheapest Postal method by default for the Single Page Checkout mode ? This should stop the page from loading Twice.

2. With single page checkout (SPC) selected: The fec_confirmation page is displayed only briefly prior to jumping to the checkout_success page. I realise this is normally the case, but for DIRECT BANK DEPOSIT (DBD) purchases, the
    confirmation page must be displayed to give the shops Bank Account details to the customer. The page would be printed out or recorded by the customer to make payment.

Question 2: How can I, for DBD purchases only, make the confirmation page wait until [order confirmation] button is pressed when using SPC?

All help greatly appreciated
    Last edited by remoteone; 30 Mar 2009 at 03:24 PM.