Plugin Contributions

Default fast and easy checkout w Direct Bank Deposit w No default shipping

I've just installed the Fast n Easy Checkout (FEC 1.28) mod. As soon as I get these issues sorted its going to be Brilliant.! I'll then install the easy_signup mod and it will be Flying !!

But first...
    I'm using a Windows development machine, with FEC mod installed on ZCv1.3.8a, and using the AustPost and Direct Bank Deposit (DBD) Mods.

Problems.:

1. With or w/out the Single Page Checkout selected:
    a. The Australia Post Charges are not calculated on the first load of the checkout page because the module does not know what shipping method the customer wants to use.

Displaying:

Sub-Total: $169.90
    Australia Post (ERROR:Unable to obtain a valid quote from the Australia Post Server.
    You may still checkout using this method and we will contact you with postage costs as soon as possible.): $0.00

GST: $15.45
    Total: $169.90

b. Upon making all required selections on this page, the page then re-loads again, when the customer hits [confirm order].
    c. Whith this second load of the checkout page, the payment method that the customer had selected on the first load of the page, is now NOT selected, requiring the customer to again select the payment method.
    d. The mod at http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...hipping+method does not fix this

btw.
    e. Note that for my live site, without FEC installed, the Cheapest Shipping method is automatically selected. Not the case following the install of FEC mod.

Question 1 : How do I make ZenCart automatically default to the cheapest Postal method by default for the Single Page Checkout mode ? This should stop the page from loading Twice.

2. With single page checkout (SPC) selected: The fec_confirmation page is displayed only briefly prior to jumping to the checkout_success page. I realise this is normally the case, but for DIRECT BANK DEPOSIT (DBD) purchases, the
    confirmation page must be displayed to give the shops Bank Account details to the customer. The page would be printed out or recorded by the customer to make payment.

Question 2: How can I, for DBD purchases only, make the confirmation page wait until [order confirmation] button is pressed when using SPC?

All help greatly appreciated
    Last edited by remoteone; 30 Mar 2009 at 03:24 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: fast and easy checkout w Direct Bank Deposit w No default shipping

You have to ask in the support thread of this module. Posting questions in a new topic will not get attention from the author, and hence will go unanswered. Also, there seems to be a newer version on the author website which you may want to check out.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

And :
    3. Also noticed that even tho' the payment Method used was Direct Bank Deposit, I get this message on the checkout_success page. :

Secure payment
    Our secure payment

With SSL
    Using Paypal

Thank you for shopping. Please click the Log Off link to ensure that your receipt and purchase information is not visible to the next person using this computer.

PayPal is the second payment method, not the one chosen for this purchase .

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    You have to ask in the support thread of this module. Posting questions in a new topic will not get attention from the author, and hence will go unanswered. Also, there seems to be a newer version on the author website which you may want to check out.
    Mate, Im not even sure what you mean by that, it seems to be in the right place, and since it could be a problem with any of the THREE modules that are involved. I didnt want to post in all three module threads. Also wanted to start with a new post as I could not find any threads specific to this issue(s).
    Also I spent about half an hour looking for the [New Thread] button on this forum, then posted on the only place it seemed to be.

Anyway, i'll try to correct this.
    Last edited by remoteone; 30 Mar 2009 at 04:12 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Moderator's note: The two threads have been merged and extra post removed. Please do not repost.
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by remoteone View Post
    1. With or w/out the Single Page Checkout selected:
    a. The Australia Post Charges are not calculated on the first load of the checkout page because the module does not know what shipping method the customer wants to use.
    Ok, well maybe there was just too much to deal with in my first post.
    I would like to get this sorted , anyone help?

Plugin Contributions

This is still an unresolved problem with FEC 1.29.
    With AustPost installed and working seamlessly, the default shipping method is selected and shipping costs calculate first load of the checkout page.
    After installing FEC, the Checkout page (split or not) will not select ANY shipping mode by default.
    Thus the calculation error :
    Australia Post (ERROR:Unable to obtain a valid quote from the Australia Post Server.
    You may still checkout using this method and we will contact you with postage costs as soon as possible.): $0.00

is shown, and the page re-loads and calculates shipping, only after a shipping method is selected.

So the problem is with the FEC code and not Auspost.

With FEC disabled by renaming the , the \includes\extra_configures\checkout.php, as per "numinuts" instruction. The shipping defaults to the cheapest method, and cal

So..err.. is this thread posted in the wrong place or does no one else have this problem.??..Its pretty quiet out there !culates properly.
    Last edited by remoteone; 28 Apr 2009 at 04:01 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Yes, each module has its own support thread. Usually the authors of the modules do not check/provide support for posts outside of the support threads. You said it involves 3 modules, then you will have to pick 1 module that you suspect causing the problem and post in its support thread.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    Thanks Yell0w1912.
    I thught that the moderator had already moved my post to the correct place, but as you point out, its confusing as to which module "Support Thread" it should be in.
    So... I'll pick module FEC (fast n easy checkout) as the module since Auspost works fine, until FEC is installed.
    Perhaps I should get the moderators to delete this entire post, then I will start a new post addressing one problem at a time, in the FEC "Support Thread"? I dont want to duplicate a post.
    Not sure who to get to delete a post, but this one is surely a waist of time here. Ive saved the original text locally, so just go ahead and remove the whole tread, and Ill start a better one.
    What do you think?

Thanks again

Plugin Contributions

Ive asked the question in the FEC support thread.
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...ipping&page=49