Plugin Contributions

Default Attribute images and/or attribute pricing

I am selling reproductions of paintings. Those reproductions are sold either as albums (containing for instance 12 leaves), or as independant leaves. For each album, I intend to present the album on a specific page (the independant leaves are displayed on this page, using additional pictures). But I would also like to display all the leaves of the album on another product page, and allow the customer to select some (or all) of the leaves.

Note that all the leaves have the same price.

I have tried to use Attribute Images for that matter (one of the leaves is displayed at the top of the product page, and all the leaves are displayed as Attribute Images in the 2nd part of the page. A checkbox allows the customer to select the leaves he intends to buy). The problem is that the total price invoiced to the customer is always (number of selected leaves + 1)*price_of_leaf, when it should be (number of leaves)*price_of_leaf.

Is there any way to have a the correct price computed by ZC, or is it needed to modify the code for that matter?

Note that I would like to avoid the display of 'Starting at...' at the top of the product page, so Attribute Pricing might not be the solution.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute images and/or attribute pricing

I finally found a solution for this : I had to use attribute pricing and attribute images at the same time. A modification of ZC code was then required in order to suppress 'Starting at:' for those specific products.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Attribute images and/or attribute pricing

Couple of things.
    Don't believe you needed to code out the Starting Out if pricing is done correctly in all areas.
    For the Mona Lisa, it states Starting At $96.56 and the first item shown in the drop-down is $518.44. I'd resort them lowest to highest in price.
    While re-sorting the attributes you need to add "Please Select..." as sort order zero, for display only, and required. As it is now, I can click on the Mona Lisa and it will automatically put the $500 item in the cart when I really wanted the $96 dollar version.
    I'd add a category "Canvas Paintings by Author" and move the artists items under that category unless you have some other sub-category planned under Oil Paintings. As it is now, clicking on Oil Paintings from the main page takes the customer to "no man's lane" where they have to click again to get to a category listing. I'm still another click away from the product. Customers won't like the four clicks needed to get to a product.
    Lastly, take a look at your site in 1024x768 resolution. You might want to move some sideboxes around to get information in front of the customer that they will need to find products. A lot of important info is "below the fold."