Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: GoDaddy Treacle Speed Unbearably Slow.

weezee,

If that is not an option, then you may want to consider purchasing a server for quicker loading times
    OMGosh - they always say that! Do not go there - unless you have hundreds of dollars to burn each month!

The issue is NOT zencart it is their overloaded, mass-marketed servers!

Oh Yeah - did they give you the "white space" cause for slow site speeds?? That one did it for me - I moved my sites that day!

Tina

Plugin Contributions

My findings? IT WAS DEFINITELY, 1000% CERTAINLY GODADDY FAULT..

My advice? DITCH GODADDY, THEIR SPEEDS ARE JUST TOTALLY SHOCKING..

My New Hosting Provider? CAMELOT... PARSE TIMES HAVE GONE FROM 60secs TO 0.2secs!!

Honestly, the difference in speed from Godaddy to Camelot is like night and day... I wish I'd ditched GoDaddy ages ago and I recommend anyone on GoDaddy servers do the exact same!!

Plugin Contributions

My New Hosting Provider? CAMELOT... PARSE TIMES HAVE GONE FROM 60secs TO 0.2secs!!
    Yep I experienced similar speed improvement with PimaHost!

Gotta leave goDaddy in the dust!

Tina

Plugin Contributions

woow. big difference .. those guys are good at what they do .. i mean certified hosts , if i ever have a personal site , i will host with them .. godaddy needs to stick to domain only ..

Plugin Contributions

This is my Parse Time: 26.902 - Number of Queries: 329 - Query Time: 8.3285951492 for home page. and Parse Time: 13.136 - Number of Queries: 251 - Query Time: 3.50216093193 a category I tried. I just paid them, I wonder can I get a refund or do I have to wait for the time up, I pay monthly.

Plugin Contributions

I would move ASAP - if they don't give you a refund, how much $ are you out vs possible loss of sales due to slooooow site!

Tina

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by weezee View Post
    This is my Parse Time: 26.902 - Number of Queries: 329 - Query Time: 8.3285951492 for home page. and Parse Time: 13.136 - Number of Queries: 251 - Query Time: 3.50216093193 a category I tried. I just paid them, I wonder can I get a refund or do I have to wait for the time up, I pay monthly.
    Those times are unacceptable for an e-commerce site.... those times will be costing you business.... trust me I speak from experience... ditch GoDaddy and go with one of the certified hosting providers in the link at the top of this site...

Plugin Contributions

Thanks every one for your help. My admin was so slow I couldn't get all my products updated. I just got a order I had to refund because the item was discontinued. I should have move before now but I upgrade my hosting package thinking that would help, but it didn't.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by weezee View Post
    I just paid them, I wonder can I get a refund or do I have to wait for the time up, I pay monthly.
    "monthly" ... I wouldn't squabble over 1 month's hosting cost. Use that month to get things situated on your new faster host, and eat the cost of the one month. If it was 12 months I'd be considering asking for a refund. But for just 1 ... well ... it's not worth the difficulty.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by limelites View Post
    My findings? IT WAS DEFINITELY, 1000% CERTAINLY GODADDY FAULT..

My advice? DITCH GODADDY, THEIR SPEEDS ARE JUST TOTALLY SHOCKING..

Honestly, the difference in speed from Godaddy to Camelot is like night and day... I wish I'd ditched GoDaddy ages ago and I recommend anyone on GoDaddy servers do the exact same!!
    I am also affected by the GoDaddy outage today and they will not provide me an ETA to expect a fix (it's been ALLLLL DAY) and they won't even let me know when the problem is restored.

How long have you been on Camelot? I need a reliable hosting provider with a good management interface. Please advise! Thanks for any input you or anyone else has on a recommended host.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast