Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 31 to 36 of 36
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,124
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: GoDaddy Treacle Speed Unbearably Slow.

    I was getting worse results than that.. now my average is 139ms for a UK site hosted on a USA server! What a difference...

    So who did you decide to go with?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    17
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: GoDaddy Treacle Speed Unbearably Slow.

    Quote Originally Posted by limelites View Post
    I was getting worse results than that.. now my average is 139ms for a UK site hosted on a USA server! What a difference...

    So who did you decide to go with?
    I spent a lot of time reading reviews and decided to go with JustHost.com. I'm going to give them a try and see what happens. BTY: At the very same time I did the ping to GoDaddy last night I pinged my JustHost server and had responses around 50ms!! What a site for sore eyes that was! Can't wait.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,124
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: GoDaddy Treacle Speed Unbearably Slow.

    that's fast alright! Are they in the list of ZC certified hosts?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    17
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: GoDaddy Treacle Speed Unbearably Slow.

    Quote Originally Posted by limelites View Post
    that's fast alright! Are they in the list of ZC certified hosts?
    No..... so I'm hoping(expecting!) for the best!

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Posts
    2,124
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: GoDaddy Treacle Speed Unbearably Slow.

    You should really use the ZC certified hosts as those guys on the support teams there know ZC inside out and more to the point, their servers are optimised to deal with the demanding ZC querys...

    I hope it works out for you though, one things for certain, you will notice a huge difference from GoDaddy!

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    17
    Plugin Contributions
    0

    Default Re: GoDaddy Treacle Speed Unbearably Slow.

    Quote Originally Posted by limelites View Post
    You should really use the ZC certified hosts as those guys on the support teams there know ZC inside out and more to the point, their servers are optimised to deal with the demanding ZC querys...

    I hope it works out for you though, one things for certain, you will notice a huge difference from GoDaddy!
    Well it seems that GoDaddy has addressed the shared hosting issue, but it's a little late. My current GoDaddy parse times are:
    Parse Time: 1.953 - Number of Queries: 297 - Query Time: 0.37526900325
    My current parse times on my new host:
    Parse Time: 0.452 - Number of Queries: 312 - Query Time: 0.0796638324738
    Clearly, having mysql on the localhost has made a significant improvement in my db queries. So far, so good!!!

 

 
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Similar Threads

  1. how to speed up index page (main page)? (GoDaddy is slow)
    By 377704497 in forum Basic Configuration
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 19 Apr 2012, 08:32 AM
  2. Very Slow Speed Problem
    By chestercat in forum General Questions
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 20 Apr 2011, 12:57 PM
  3. 30,000+ products.. Slow speed, suggestions?
    By z3n in forum General Questions
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 20 Dec 2009, 04:16 AM
  4. Super slow speed on Load of first click - Please check
    By pmorelli in forum General Questions
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 14 Dec 2008, 10:24 PM
  5. Slow website ? How do i optimise the speed ? %%
    By taag in forum General Questions
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 26 Oct 2008, 04:44 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
disjunctive-egg
Zen-Cart, Internet Selling Services, Klamath Falls, OR