Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Bambora/Beanstream Payment Module Support Thread

The Beanstream Payment Module has been enhanced to allow USD as well as CAD payments. If this feature is important to you, please download the latest version (1.03 as of today) here:

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=867

Database changes have been made in this version, so you must go to Admin->Modules->Payment, make note of your existing settings, and then remove and re-install this module.

That Software Guy
    That Software Guy. My Store: Zen Cart Modifications
    Available for hire - See my ad in Services
    Plugin Moderator, Documentation Curator, Chief Cook and Bottle-Washer.
    Do you benefit from Zen Cart? Then please support the project.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Beanstream Payment Module Support Thread

I get the following error on test transaction:

1146 Table 'xxxxxxxxxx.TABLE_BEANSTREAM' doesn't exist
    in:
    [insert into TABLE_BEANSTREAM (id, customer_id, order_id, response_code, response_text, authorization_type, transaction_id, sent, received, time, session_id) values (NULL, 4, 0, 0, 'Invalid card CVD
    ', 'P', '0 Order Number Code: ', 'Array\n(\n [merchant_id] => *******\n [username] => *******\n [password] => *******\n [RequestType] => BACKE

Where xxxxxxxxxx is our db name. pasted just the initial part. do we need a dollar ($) sign with TABLE_BEANSTREAM or did i miss some installation step??

Regards
    Farhan

Plugin Contributions

Another question is we have two accounts with beanstream for CAD and USD. which Login ID should i use with this module? or will you be changing it to use both IDs or its totally optional?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If it's literally saying TABLE_BEANSTREAM, that indicates that you've missed uploading one or more files, where TABLE_BEANSTREAM is actually defined.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by farhansabir View Post
    Another question is we have two accounts with beanstream for CAD and USD. which Login ID should i use with this module? or will you be changing it to use both IDs or its totally optional?
    If you delete the module and re-install it, you'll see there's space for both ids.

Plugin Contributions

I have checked all the 3 files included with the module. Only one file uses TABLE_BEANSTREAM i.e, /includes/modules/payment/beanstream.php as:

Code:

// Insert the data into the database
    $sql = "insert into " . TABLE_BEANSTREAM . "  (id, customer_id, order_id, response_code, response_text, authorization_type, transaction_id, sent, received, time, session_id) values (NULL, :custID, :orderID, :respCode, :respText, :authType, :transID, :sentData, :recvData, :orderTime, :sessID )";
    Other than that, TABLE_BEANSTREAM has not been defined or used anywhere. Could you please review? May be there is another file but its not included in the download of Apr 05, 2009?

Thanks
    Farhan Sabir
    CIGear.com

Plugin Contributions

Turn the "Enable Database Storage" flag in admin off. It's not supported yet.

Plugin Contributions

[FONT=Arial]Another Issue: The transaction of our Australian customers get declined with the response text [/FONT][FONT=&quot][FONT=Arial]"Response Text: Select your state/province".

Beanstream is telling me if the country is not US or Canada, the state/province has to be "--" (two dashes). Otherwise our system does not accept the transaction at all. Looks really strange, the country is not US or Canada, but province is there (as entered by the customer). But beanstream would just decline (actually REJECT) the transaction and wont process at all.

It hard to argue with them, as they say we cannot modify our system for one merchant, you have to change the way you submit the transactions. Change ordProvince to -- and then submit it.

Can you help with that?

Regards
    Farhan
    PS: In authorize.Net module, we had the card information with us. So if the customoer calls back for another order and asks to charge the same card, we can still do it from his previous data. Question: Is there a way to have a similar method of storing credit card information while submitting it to Beanstream?
    [/FONT]

[/FONT]

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

NOTE: I've NOT tested this, so I'm not entirely certain the net effect on addresses in Canada and US (so, be sure to test those in addition to your Australia address) ... Try the following on your test site:

At line 290 of the module file, you'll see this:
    Code:
        if (strlen($order->billing['state']) > 2) {
    Try changing it to this:
    Code:
        if (strlen($order->billing['state']) > 2 && $province_code_order != '--') {

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you so much for that DrByte! The solution seems to work fine. I have tried an Australian billing address with full state/province name as well as 2-letter state. Both went through to Beanstream. Previously it was not being processed at all.

Being the original author, would you be able to fix the database issue as well? :-)

Regards
    Farhan Sabir
    CI Gear
    Last edited by farhansabir; 15 Apr 2009 at 05:14 PM. Reason: spell mistake

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast