Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: snap-affiliates?

I thought I'd throw this out there before digging into the code to see if anyone has already addressed this. The commission is based on the entire order total including shipping. We don't want to include shipping in the commission. Has anyone made the code changes to do this? I want to exclude just the shipping, so if any discount codes or gift certificates are used or any other order total module they are taken into account when the commission is calculated. Or is it more fair to the affiliate if it's based on the subtotal before any discounts are applied? If no one has done this, I will figure it out and post my changes. It looks like just a modification to admin/referrers.php.

I am also going to look at adding some logic to be able to create conditions for different commission rates. So if an order is below a certain threshold, say $50, the commission is one thing, and over $50 it's another. Has anyone done that yet? If not, I will dig in this weekend and see about doing it and will post the code when it's ready.

Thanks to all who have contributed refinements to the original code!

Zen Cart and it's community are the best!!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    I thought I'd throw this out there before digging into the code to see if anyone has already addressed this. The commission is based on the entire order total including shipping. We don't want to include shipping in the commission. Has anyone made the code changes to do this? I want to exclude just the shipping, so if any discount codes or gift certificates are used or any other order total module they are taken into account when the commission is calculated. Or is it more fair to the affiliate if it's based on the subtotal before any discounts are applied? If no one has done this, I will figure it out and post my changes. It looks like just a modification to admin/referrers.php.

I am also going to look at adding some logic to be able to create conditions for different commission rates. So if an order is below a certain threshold, say $50, the commission is one thing, and over $50 it's another. Has anyone done that yet? If not, I will dig in this weekend and see about doing it and will post the code when it's ready.

Thanks to all who have contributed refinements to the original code!
    Scratch the first paragraph, it was too late to edit my post. I see, looking closer, that shipping is not included but sales tax is. Shouldn't post first thing in the morning before the coffee kicks in!

So I am going to exclude sales tax from the affiliate total. Looks to be an easy fix. But has anyone cracked the "multilevel affiliate rate"?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by lankeeyankee View Post
    Scratch the first paragraph, it was too late to edit my post. I see, looking closer, that shipping is not included but sales tax is. Shouldn't post first thing in the morning before the coffee kicks in!

So I am going to exclude sales tax from the affiliate total. Looks to be an easy fix. But has anyone cracked the "multilevel affiliate rate"?
    OK, I got it to exclude sales tax. I'm no expert so my edit is probably a real hack and a totally inelegant solution but it does work as far as I can tell. I am working on a couple of other things before releasing the changes. First, I want to unset the referrer cookie once checkout is complete and completely remove that code from includes/application_top and into a proper observer class. I am seeing about enlisting the help of a forum member that is way more knowledgeable than me to work it out. Either way, it will get done and once it is I will post the results.

Plugin Contributions

I have ZenC 1.3.8.a and SnapA 1.0.2.3 installed on a back folder on my website for testing purposes. I have a clean install of both. I can not find the MyDomain/index.php?main_page=referrer_main, with or witout the "index.php?" Logged in or not under the admin or not. Nor can I find the MyDomain//index.php?main_page=referrer_signup under the same conditions above.
    I also have read this entire thread ( all 16 pages) and can find where others have had the same problem but no fix that works for me.
    Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    Thx in advance

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by willweC View Post
    I have ZenC 1.3.8.a and SnapA 1.0.2.3 installed on a back folder on my website for testing purposes. I have a clean install of both. I can not find the MyDomain/index.php?main_page=referrer_main, with or witout the "index.php?" Logged in or not under the admin or not. Nor can I find the MyDomain//index.php?main_page=referrer_signup under the same conditions above.
    I also have read this entire thread ( all 16 pages) and can find where others have had the same problem but no fix that works for me.
    Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?
    Thx in advance
    Can anyone tell me what I need to do, or where to start????

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by willweC View Post
    Can anyone tell me what I need to do, or where to start????
    What is it that you're trying to do with these? If you want to edit these pages, head to the templates folder where you should've copied three files template files. tpl_default_referrer_main, etc.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by retched View Post
    What is it that you're trying to do with these? If you want to edit these pages, head to the templates folder where you should've copied three files template files. tpl_default_referrer_main, etc.
    I did do that. I even edited the files where it says "your term and cond go here. I put it up on the server and all I see is "Affiliate Signup". No matter what I put in the URL "affiliate Sign up", "affiliate main" they both lead to "Home :: Affiliate Signup"
    I upgraded to 1.3.9 h and have gotten more with it, but still can't get the HTML to load from one of those pages and show up on the web. I don't have any SEO patches, or any temp-lets except classic, what came with ZEN Cart. Any thoughts???
    Thx

Plugin Contributions

I just installed the Snap Affiliate module (1.0.2) to a client's cart running 1.3.9h ZenCart. In my initial tests when trying to apply to be an affiliate, and admin email was sent the request just fine. However, for whatever reason, I'm not getting those alert emails now. I get it kicked back to the site default email address (not the admin address) with this error

"The original message was received at Fri, 24 Feb 2012 12:54:06 -0700
    from clientsite@localhost

----- The following addresses had permanent fatal errors -----
    Southwestern Cedar Oil <>
    (reason: 550 5.1.1 User unknown)

----- Transcript of session follows -----
    550 5.1.1 Southwestern Cedar Oil <>... User unknown"

Now, I was trying to set this up so that these emails would be sent to two email addresses, not just one, but I have reset everything in my admin back to the original settings, and still get this error. Is there something I accidentally tweaked in the module file(s) that would have messed this up somehow?

Plugin Contributions

I cannot seem to get this to work with CEON URI....I have added the following to my htaccess:

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} !^/&referrer=CP.* [NC]

(CP is my referrer code)....

Also is there any way to get this to work with those that chose guest checkout (FEC module)?

Thank you for a phenomenal mod - it is awesome!!!!

Thanks,

Jill
    Jill || I Love Zen Cart Templates || 2 Dogs Design
    I Love To Help But Let's Keep It Public Please To Help Others!

Plugin Contributions

I noticed a lot of people asking if Snap works with Zen 1.5.0 and I just installed it. I can definitely say Snap does NOT work with 1.5.0. It creates an error that would either make you delete your install and reinstall or if you are good at php you can attempt to find the error and fix it manually.

Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast