Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Customer Approval e-Mail Not Sending

Quote Originally Posted by Baa View Post

Unfortunately being that I am only a retailer, I often struggle with the wording on the forum. I'm sorry don't know what a windscreen wiper setting is.
    Sorry Baa, that was a joke. I should have added a

Plugin Contributions

Ajeh, here's the problem.
    I just applied for an account with my client's store (1.3.9h). He has set it up so the customer requires authorisation.
    I got an email saying "We wish to welcome you to Aushiya Pacific Trading Pty Ltd.
    With your account, you can now take part in the various services we have to
    offer you. Some of these services include: <etc etc>"

I then went into the admin and authorised myself. Yes, the dot turns green as it should, and I soon received an email saying,"Your customer status has been updated etc etc".

I think that our concern is that the first email should read "Thank you for requesting Authorization for our store. We will contact you as soon as possible." This is how the actual Zen Cart authorisation email reads. But the actual Zen Cart authorisation email is, for some reason, not being sent out.

It is indeed true that we can change the language of the welcome email to the language of the authorisation email. But why do that when the authorisation email is there, perfect, ready to use but, for some reason, not being sent out? And what if the store owner decides later that he doesn't want to authorise customers and we've no longer got our welcome email?

Please, please just tell us why the customer authorisation email is sitting there in the system, primed and ready, but is not being sent out?

Plugin Contributions

The problem is this ...

The Welcome Email works for everyone ...

The Authorization Email works for everyone ...

You, however, have something broken and it is not working ...

The goal here is to find out what is broken on *your* site that your emails are not working right for you ...

First, create your own customer account using your own email address ...

Do you get an email welcoming you to the site?

Does it read the way you want it to?

If not, change the language file for the email so that it does read the way you want it to ...

Go to the Customers ... Customers ... in your Admin ... do you see the red icon on your Customer Record?

First, edit the record and see what the:
    Customers Authorization Status

reads in the drop down ... DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING ...

Now, cancel out so you can see the red icon ... click it so it turns green ...

Do you get an email?

Does it read the way you want it to?

If not, change the language file so that it does read the way you want it to ...

If you do not get an email, then you need to compare the file on the server for:
    /admin/customers.php

to the original in Zen Cart v1.3.9h and see what has changed ...

Also, check that you can send out emails from the admin by testing the EMAIL button ... can you send an email from the Admin?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    The problem is this ...

The Welcome Email works for everyone ...
    No Ajeh, this is the part you don't understand. I'll try again.
    There is a "Customer Authorization" email that tells people "Thank you for requesting Authorization for our store. We will contact you as soon as possible." It is meant to go out to customers who apply to open an account -immediately upon application - when you have set Customer Details > Customer Approval Status - Authorization Pending to 2 or 3. IT DOES NOT GO OUT. Instead, they get the same old welcome email that customers get when the store does not require authorisation. It tells them that they have immediate access to the store, WHICH IS NOT TRUE.

Please have a look:
    includes/languages/english/customers_authorization.php

Plugin Contributions

You create a Customer Account ...

You go to the Customers ... Customers and you see your new Customer Account ...

Is the icon is RED ...

When you click on the RED icon does it turn GREEN ...

When you see it switched to GREEN ... Do you get an email?

Does that reads:
    Your customer status has been updated. Thank you for shopping with us. We look forward to your business.
    What is in your file:
    /your_secret_admin_dir/includes/languages/english/customers.php

Line #51 : define('EMAIL_CUSTOMER_STATUS_CHANGE_MESSAGE', 'Your customer status has been updated. Thank you for shopping with us. We look forward to your business.');

The line you are looking at is for when the Customer Authorization is set to 1 ...
    /includes/languages/english/customers_authorization.php

Line #24 : define('CUSTOMERS_AUTHORIZATION_TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Thank you for requesting Authorization for our store.<br /><br />We will contact you as soon as possible.');
    This displays on the screen when the Customer Creates an account and is waiting for approval so that they can see the site ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Just a thought ... in case what is confusing you is the wording in the Welcome Email ...

Keep in mind that the bulk of stores do not use a Customer Approval process of any kind ...

As there are so many reasons why, should you want to use a Customer Approval Process, there is NOT a custom email for that based on a switch setting ...

The language files are the language files ...

Save a copy of the original emails, if you think that you might want to use them at a later date and cannot figure out decent wording for your own Customer Approval reasons ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Right - thank you, now I get it. I have never used Option 1 (customers need authorisation to browse) and I can't imagine ever using it.
    Still, I'd love the option of using that email for options 2/3 (wholesalers) as it does not attempt to give reasons, it's just a good, all-purpose we-need-to-check-you-out-first email.
    And yes, I have always changed the language of the email for wholesaling clients (all emails in fact) and I have always saved the original.
    Result! (thanks for your patience Ajeh, I can be like a terrier with a bone when things don't make sense to me).

Plugin Contributions

Even with Customer Authorization 1, you still get the same Welcome Email ...

That language define is *only* used on the screen, not on the email ...

You still need to *always* customize your Welcome Email whether you have a regular login without Authorization or are using Authorization to best suit your needs for your own individual store ...

The default language file is an example of what you might use ... however, it is nice to customize the email into your own words ...

The default email is designed as an example of how to have the language read for building purposes and how to allow additions to it for things like Discount Coupons or Gift Certificates that might go out when a new customer account is created ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Got it!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Saydie13 View Post
    *Bump bump!

I have a similar problem. Obviously, there is a procedural problem regarding this approval set up.

Zen Cart should notify the admin first about a customer that is waiting for approval before sending them the welcome message as this seems misleading for the customer.

It also doesn't make sense to me to log in to ZC all the time just to check if there are customers waiting for approval.

Has anyone thought of a way to work around this?
    (help!)

-saydie13

I agree... I think this is the biggest problem. There should be some sort of an email that goes to the admin saying a customer just signed up and is waiting for approval.

Anyone found a solution to this?

Thanks.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast