Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Subscription Button in Product not working

In order to set up a paypal subscription for 1 of my products, i created a subscription button in paypal and added to the coding to that product in the description. See http://www.skinzee.com/link-packages...ome-page-p-161

When you click on the 'buy now' paypal button, it redirects you to the shopping cart. How do i get this to stop doing this and just go to paypal??
    Website Developer and Search Engine Optimazation Boise Idaho. Details at BoiseWired.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal Subscription embedded button won't work

i need to have a subscription type payment for a few of my products, so i went to paypal and created a link and added to the description of the products. see one example here:

http://www.skinzee.com/link-packages...ll-pages-p-167

but when you click on the paypal button, it redirects you to the shopping cart page and NOT paypal like it's supposed to.

i'm sure this is something simple???
    Website Developer and Search Engine Optimazation Boise Idaho. Details at BoiseWired.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Subscription link won't work

you cant do that, because the description is actually inside the whole product form. You will have to re-arrange your current elements in a way so that the description has to be outside of the product form. And then the subs form has to be a separated form.
    I no longer provide installation support on forum for all my modules. However, if there are real bugs with the modules please feel free to contact me

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Subscription embedded button won't work

thank you but that was 'greek' to me.. there MUST be a way to make an item a subscription??? somebody out there must have done it?? or how do i get around this 'forms' thing you are talking about - it is only for 1 category of items.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Subscription Button in Product not working

Hello,
    Did you ever resolve this? I am having the same problem... paypal buttons not working when integrated into the product descrip.

tia

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Subscription embedded button won't work

Looking for the same answers.... I have a ZC that hosts diff vendors, therefore NEED to use PP buttons in each product.... could you describe your answer in "lame" so I can try to understand :)

tia!

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by PropInsanity View Post
    Hello,
    Did you ever resolve this? I am having the same problem... paypal buttons not working when integrated into the product descrip.

tia
    never got it working and never got any answers except to say that zen cart doesn't support this.. so i created a new page on my site and put all my subscriptions there.. very clunky but i don't have any other options..

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal Subscription link won't work

Quote Originally Posted by yellow1912 View Post
    you cant do that, because the description is actually inside the whole product form. You will have to re-arrange your current elements in a way so that the description has to be outside of the product form. And then the subs form has to be a separated form.
    Like yellow1912 said, you'd have to rearrange the product info template -- maybe use document-general for those products. Put the product_desscription field outside the <form> already on the page. Then you could embed your button into the description.

Plugin Contributions

This is GREAT news that it can "possibly" be done.

not to make myself sound more of a dummy.... but what php or css do I need to do this in? Any more of a detailed descrip so I know where to change/move things around?

THANKS BUNCHES! you just made my day :)
    ~Tracy

Quote Originally Posted by chuck View Post
    Like yellow1912 said, you'd have to rearrange the product info template -- maybe use document-general for those products. Put the product_desscription field outside the <form> already on the page. Then you could embed your button into the description.

Plugin Contributions

I DID IT!!!
    Thanks Chuck :)

This is what I did... from form
    includes/template/tpl_product_info_display

took the "product description (in red) and moved it AFTER the </form> closed. Showing below:

<!--bof Form close-->
    </form>

<!--bof Product description -->
    <?php if ($products_description != '') { ?>
    <div id="productDescription" class="productGeneral biggerText"><?php echo stripslashes($products_description); ?></div>
    <?php } ?>
    <!--eof Product description -->
    <br class="clearBoth" />

<!--bof Form close-->
    </div>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast