Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Column Layout Grid for Product Listing

Website Rob

Are you able to tell me (or point me in the right direction) where I need to fix the code, sorry I'm very much a newbie at all this.

Plugin Contributions

The link I provided is to an online Validator. You can use that to point out to whomever you got your Templated from and/or did custom coding for you, that there is a problem with the code.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by sarahjewellery View Post
    I've installed the add on fine, but when I view my products in the specific category pages they sometimes line up perfectly but other times are all over the place.
    Hi,

Your problem is being caused because the mod has not been installed correctly. One of the files is not in the right place, most like the tpl_modules_product_listing.php file. For your site it should be in the includes/templates/freetemplate3/templates directory.

Regards,
    Christian.

Plugin Contributions

Im having a similar problem to sarajewellery.

I have checked everything and everything is in the right place but the products dont list properly.

If I set it to show 3 columns of products it will show them in a way the the 3rd one (on the right) gets pushed down to the next line. Same as if I set to have 4 in a row, the 4th one is pushed down to the next line.

www.lingerie-delights.co.uk

I am going to try and re-install the contribution and see what happens but just in case it stays the same my website address is above if someone could take a gander for me.

Thanks

Eoin

Plugin Contributions

Ok, quick update

I tried to remove the mod so I could re-install it.

I used the sql statement supplied

Code:
    delete from configuration where configuration_key in('PRODUCT_LISTING_LAYOUT_STYLE','PRODUCT_LISTING_COLUMNS_PER_ROW');
    which seemed to work.

Now, I went to install the mod again. copied over files via ftp, imported the SQL statement to phpmyadmin and got this error message..

Code:
    SQL query: Documentation

INSERT INTO configuration( configuration_title, configuration_key, configuration_value, configuration_description, configuration_group_id, sort_order, last_modified, date_added, use_function, set_function )
    VALUES (
    'Product Listing - Layout Style', 'PRODUCT_LISTING_LAYOUT_STYLE', 'rows', 'Select the layout style:<br />Each product can be listed in its own row (rows option) or products can be listed in multiple columns per row (columns option)', '8', '40', NULL , now( ) , NULL , 'zen_cfg_select_option(array("rows", "columns"),'
    );

MySQL said: Documentation
    #1146 - Table 'lingerie_zc1.configuration' doesn't exist
    So now im left not being able to have column layout at all.

Any help and beers are on me!

Plugin Contributions

dropbop,
    Using phpmyadmin - do your tables have a prefix?
    If so as I suspect, the sql must address the correct table name

If a prefix of zc_table-name is used then
    Code:
    INSERT INTO configuration
    becomes
    Code:
    INSERT INTO zc_configuration
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

I have just discovered that I have this problem also where if column layout is set to 3 columns, in some browsers, the 3 item drops down on to the next line.

I am running Zencart 1.3.8a on unix server (set to maintenance at the mo). Mods installed are zones tables rate, dual pricing and column grid layout. I am using a very slightly modified version of the classic template - in override folder called bolts. So far have just made tiny modifications to some colours, etc - nothing major as I'm waiting for more expert help with the bigger edits.

So far, my layout is showing perfectly in Google Chrome (the browser I use most often), it is showing the layout problem in both IE8 and Firefox.

I will be seeking more help on this one commercially but since it does seem to be a problem that is affecting a few people, hoping that an expert here might have some more clues on what to look for in the meantime.

cheers
    Leah

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by aussiesapphire View Post
    I have just discovered that I have this problem also where if column layout is set to 3 columns, in some browsers, the 3 item drops down on to the next line.

So far, my layout is showing perfectly in Google Chrome (the browser I use most often), it is showing the layout problem in both IE8 and Firefox.

I will be seeking more help on this one commercially but since it does seem to be a problem that is affecting a few people, hoping that an expert here might have some more clues on what to look for in the meantime.
    It is the same problem I described above. One of the mod's files has not been installed correctly. This causes incorrect HTML to be generated and different browsers treat it in different ways.

Regards,
    Christian.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    dropbop,
    Using phpmyadmin - do your tables have a prefix?
    If so as I suspect, the sql must address the correct table name
    Cheers Kobra,

I you were right.

I ended up just deleting them manually and them inserting the SQL Statement again and it worked. No to try and get the products showing properly in columns.

Thanks again kobra,

Eoin

Plugin Contributions

OK, I have removed and re-installed the mod but still getting the same problem.

The files are in the right place as far as I can tell. I am using the classic template so put tpl_modules_product_listing.php into templates/classic/templates/ folder & product_listing.php in modules/classic/ folder.

The files have not been modified as they are direct from the contribution package.

This seems to be happening a bit too often to be a local problem. Maybe a guru could look at the mod and see if the problems lie with the mod.

To see whats happening you can take a gander at my site www.lingerie-delights.co.uk

Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast