Plugin Contributions

Default Adding featured products to an ez-page

I'm fairly astonished that a search for "centerbox ezpage" turns up nothing at all...

So I've created an ez-page for a seasonal special, and I have the two seasonal products set as "featured". I'd like to have the page be:

<Announcing these seasonal products text>

<Featured products centerbox>

<manufacturer provided marketing graphic>

The first and third items are no problem, I've got the text written and the image displaying properly. What I need to know is how to call that centerbox on the page.

Alternately, is there a better way to approach a promotion like this? I imagine this is a fairly common scenario, to want a promotional page with a few particular items. I've looked for a "featured" page akin to the "specials" page that I could perhaps modify, but found nothing to enable in the admin.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Adding featured products to an ez-page

When you say, 'centrebox' don't you mean page content?

Isn't it just a case of uploading html depicting your offer via the define pages editor?

Take a look at my own recent offer.... this is how I done it... Just click my £20 off ribbon at the top left of my site.... www.limelites.co.uk

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the response :)

The difference between what you have and what I want is that there aren't any product specific links on yours. When I say "centrebox" I'm speaking of the "Featured Products" box that can be made to appear on pages like the empty shopping cart. This is one of the ones configurable with config -> new listing/all listing/featured listing/etc.

The items wouldn't have to be "featured" products, but it was the simplest way I could think of to get a listing of just those two products. Now I just need to be able to make that box appear on this ez-page.

Plugin Contributions

I see, so you want a specific box to appear on a specific page?

If you take a look at the tutorial here:

https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=249

Hopefully that'll guide you in the right direction. It can be done :-)

Plugin Contributions

Well, it's the right idea, but in the wrong direction. I found the correct sidebox, but that tutorial presumes the box is being called for and sets cases where it should not display. What I need to do is call that box in a situation where it normally wouldn't appear; the sidebox php isn't being loaded for this page in the first place, so any modifications I make to it will never appear.

(I think... this is the right logic isn't it? We're not loading every single box and selectively disabling display on every page are we? )

So I tried simply pasting the display code into the ez-page, which *shouldn't* work and didn't.

So I guess it comes down to a question of whether there's any acceptable code that can be fed into an ez-page, or if I need to find another way to go about this.

Can't I just call $ZEN_MAGIC_INCLUDE_FEATURED or something ridiculously convenient like that?

I guess the best bet, since it's only two products, is to just directly link them in normal HTML.

Plugin Contributions

EZ-Pages do not allow PHP (without a special mod that has been described somewhere in the forum), so it will not be possible to display a centerbox. HTML code for the two products will be the easiest way to get what you want.