Plugin Contributions

Default Make Paypal IPN Module (v1.2.5) Write Order before Confirmation??

I am Using Zen Cart. 1.2.5 and this line is at the top of my paypal.php
    $Id: paypal.php 1380 2005-05-14 20:35:35Z drbyte $

I know it's old...
    My problem is:
    When customers check out using Paypal / Paypal IPN I get the payment fine, but no email, and the order does not show up in my admin. I haven't changed anything it just started happening this morning.
    How can I have Zen Cart add the order to my admin/orders section, before or when the customer clicks "Confirm Order" button.

I've been trying random stuff all day, the only way I can see todays orders is to look up in phpmyadmin in the zen_sessions table, it is difficult. Please help me.
    I have made several test orders, I made one using "check/money order" it worked fine.
    On the subsequent test orders with paypal on the checkout success page it gave me the order number from my "Money Order" test order, but it didn't show up in admin or change the previous order.

It dosen't matter if orders get written that customers don't pay for, because I print my shipping labels through Paypal, then go back to Zen cart and cross reference so I won't ship an order I didn't get paid for.

what I asked for or any other fix would be greatly appreciated.

I plan on upgrading soonish.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Make Paypal Module Write Order before Confirmation??

Ok, I made it work, as far as it assigns a new order number and adds it to the admin section. By Commenting out everything in the

function before_process() {

and just putting return false;

and I got an email.

Now my problem is will this still work if the customer dosen't follow through and "return to my site"

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hattmall View Post
    I haven't changed anything it just started happening this morning.
    I suggest that perhaps the root cause behind "it just started happening this morning" is the more important issue to resolve.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

True. But I only have access to what's in my home directory, very cheap shared hosting. Can you suggest what I could look for? PHP update or something?

Code:
         // global $order_total_modules;

return false;

// now just need to check here whether we are here because of IPN or auto-return, we cn use the referer variable for that

// If we have come from auto return, check to see wether the order has been created by IPN and if not create it now.

//if ($_GET['referer'] == 'paypal') {

//  $_SESSION['cart']->reset(true);

//  unset($_SESSION['sendto']);

//  unset($_SESSION['billto']);

//  unset($_SESSION['shipping']);

//  unset($_SESSION['payment']);

// unset($_SESSION['comments']);

//  $order_total_modules->clear_posts();//ICW ADDED FOR CREDIT CLASS SYSTEM

//  zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_SUCCESS, '', 'SSL'));

//} else {

//   zen_redirect(zen_href_link(FILENAME_CHECKOUT_PAYMENT, '', 'SSL'));
    //
     //   }

}
    that is what my before_process() looks like, which line does the "check to see wether the order has been created by IPN" and which line creates the order. Thanks

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by hattmall View Post
    True. But I only have access to what's in my home directory, very cheap shared hosting. Can you suggest what I could look for? PHP update or something?
    I'm guessing you've already answered your own question.

Have you actually talked to your hosting company to find out what they changed?
    Have you reviewed the troubleshooting tips about PayPal IPN issues?
    http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/PayPal

As to re-architecting to put the unpaid order into the admin and then match up payments later for the now-obsolete and unsupported v1.2.5, I'm afraid you're on your own. It's not even offered in v1.3.x. There are numerous architectural design changes required to make that happen reliably, especially with PayPal IPN.
    If you're looking for more reliability in completing storage of PayPal transaction order details, you're best advised to use PayPal Express Checkout, which is built on a much more contemporary and reliable API. However, that's only available in Zen Cart v1.3.7 and newer.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.