Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default E-commerce tracking code in checkout_success page

Hi, hope someone can help me as I have spent several days and many hours searching for an answer with no luck.

I have google analytics code installed but want to install the e-commerce tracking code. This needs to be ONLY in the checkout_success.php.

The only page I can find for this is in: public_html/includes/templates/template_default/templates/tpl_checkout_success_default.php

In that page I have installed the google adwords conversion tracking code which works fine, but because this is a php file I placed the code anywhere in the page and works fine.

However, the e-commerce code needs to be placed just after the normal analytics code. My analytics code is installed in public_html/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php but this makes the code to appear in ALL pages, so I cannot install the e-commerce code there because it will show in ALL pages.

Please I need help if someone knows the answer.. I need to put the e-commerce code just after the normal analytics code to appear ONLY in the checkout_success page.. where can I do this???

The Zen Cart version I use is 1.3.6

Please help.. !

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: E-commerce tracking code in checkout_success page

Put your regular adwords code in includes/templates/your_template/common/tpl_footer.php

Then make a copy of that file, put your extra code in it after the adwords tracking, and save it as includes/templates/your_template/checkout_success/footer.php
    Neville
    An assumption is what you arrive at when you get tired of thinking...

Plugin Contributions

Dear Bunyip,

Thanks a lot for your reply..
    My analytics code is successfully installed here:

/public_html/includes/templates/template_default/common/tpl_main_page.php

The normal analytics code is tracking ok on that location, it tracks all pages...

You said I should install the normal analytics code in
    public_html??/includes/templates/your_template/common/tpl_footer.php

but the tpl_footer.php does not have any /body tag to place the code before.. so dont know where I could place it on that php file to make the code appear before the /body tag.

Also, if I install the code successfully in the tpl_footer.php file, when I make a copy of it, you say I should put it in:

public_html??/includes/templates/your_template/checkout_success/footer.php... but I cannot see the directory "chekout_success".. do I need to create it?

Sorry for long questions.. hope you can help me with this...

Thanks, Jorge.

Plugin Contributions

Anywhere in the tpl_footer.php file will be before the /body tag.

To make it a little easier for you, you can keep your existing code in your edited tpl_main_page file. That file should be saved as public_html/includes/templates/YOUR_TEMPLATE/common/tpl_main_page.php, rather than in the template_default folder - otherwise it will get overwritten during an upgrade.

Make a copy of that tpl_main_page.php, add your new code where you need it to be before the /body tag. Then save that edited copy as
    public_html/includes/templates/template_default/checkout_success/tpl_main_page.php

You will need to create the folder public_html/includes/templates/template_default/checkout_success - because it's a new folder, it won't get overwritten during an upgrade. The tpl_main_page.php there will only be used on your checkout_success page.
    Neville

Plugin Contributions

Bunyip.. That is brilliant thank you so much!
    I have installed the e-commerce code successfully with your guidance. It now shows only in the checkout_success page, and all other pages show the normal analytics code.. now I just need to wait some days to see if it's tracking properly..

Thanks again for your time! hope this helps others..
    Jorge.

Plugin Contributions

My e-commerce activity is now being track by analytics.. this is great... my only silly question now is: I installed the code as it appears here: http://www.google.com/support/google...n&answer=55528

One part of the code is like this:

pageTracker._addItem(

"1234", // Order ID

"DD44", // SKU

"T-Shirt", // Product Name

"Green Medium", // Category

"11.99", // Price

"1" // Quantity

);

pageTracker._trackTrans();

</script>
    Now my activities are being track as selling item T-Shirt and at 11.99 price.
    How do I make my products to be trackable??? I have about 100 products..!, how do I make the code to track each item sold?..

Plugin Contributions

Just to clarify my last post.. my e-commerce code is tracking the item T-shirt when I have a sale, this is because t-shirt is in my code, but I don't sale t-shirts, I sale over 100 different items.. ! and I need the code to register the sales of each item.. please help.. thanx

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by jorgebnuk View Post
    Just to clarify my last post.. my e-commerce code is tracking the item T-shirt when I have a sale, this is because t-shirt is in my code, but I don't sale t-shirts, I sale over 100 different items.. ! and I need the code to register the sales of each item.. please help.. thanx
    Were you able or was anyone able to fix this? I am installing the code on my store and I'm not sure what to do with that.
    -Buck

Plugin Contributions

You'll need to use php code on the checkout_success page to build the tracker code with the order contents.
    Neville

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by bunyip View Post
    You'll need to use php code on the checkout_success page to build the tracker code with the order contents.
    Thanks for the support bunyip, I had the same problem as jeorge and it's good to have gotten this far.

My other solution would have been to define a constant to hold the conversion tracking code and only call it on the checkout_success page :) It wouldn't have made it through the upgrades though.

This thread is a few months old, does anybody know which variables hold the values?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast