Default blank page after clicking "add to cart"

I'm working on a new cart (v1.38) and have added several modules (easy checkout, google tracking, shopping cart sidebox, ). I normally test after adding a module to make sure I haven't irreparably broken something, but in this case I didn't test until a couple of weeks later and am now not sure quite what I did. (gulp!) .... I used the debug tool and originally it was throwing errors about adsense. I don't remember why I thought I needed adsense, so I edited/removed all the adsense files. But still no joy.

Currently the debug file is reporting:
    Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /includes/languages/english.php:1401) in /includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78.

Lines 75- 79 are:
    /**

* The actual template directory to use

*/

Does anyone have a clue for me?
    Diane
    XOExplosion.com
    Silly name. Great stuff for your XO laptop.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: blank page after clicking "add to cart"

I am having the same- or similar - problem.
    I am new to ZenCart- just installed it -its new version - this week and it was working. Hosted on GoDaddy. Used their install for the cart.
    I have used the classic template- modified it for my site- named it classic2

Then I installed a modular "product_attribute_grid_1-0-1 " - I was also connecting the PayPal stuff at the same time.....and then I could not add to the cart.

I only have two test products in there right now- under paintings/ and one under photography- try this one
    GALLERY MAIN :: Photography :: Eastern Sierras :: June Lake CA :: 1318- Carson Peak Fall Morning_0539.

I should have checked the modular before I moved on to PayPal stuff because I now do not know what is causing the problem.

I removed the modular files. Finished the Pay Pal settings on my account on their web site. Finished my PP settings on mine. Still not working.

I have the site up- but I have not connected the shopping cart live link settings into the main portion of the site yet. You can see cart at http://artsales.net/gallery/

When you click on add to the cart it goes blank
    then if you click on back-, it goes back to the detail page. Look to the right.. it IS in the cart. I can get to the cart by clicking on "shopping cart more" from there if I click on checkout I get a blank page.
    if anyone can help, I would appreciate it!

april_may

ps.. I see some people take "snapshots" of there screen for reference. How is that done?

Plugin Contributions

OK- I read further and downloaded the debug program. Got these error messages- page references:
    gallery/includes/languages/classic2/english.php:1401)

gallery/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78

gallery/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 44
    So I checked them - I had changed the english.php-
    I deleted all of the files listed it and uploaded the original file.

still not working.
    Anyone have any suggestions?

Plugin Contributions

what is the exact error message from debug ?
    init_template.php and function_general.php just pointing to faulty php file and that is your english.php ..

when editing your english.php .. did you miss any single quote with in your define ()
    do all your define end with semicolon ; make sure there is no space before <?php and after ?> at beginning and ending of your php file .

for snap shots .. you can use print screen key on your keyboard , past screen shot in image editor . save as gif or jpg with proper size .

Plugin Contributions

tony_star Thanks for answers so fast...
    here are the full messages

[17-Apr-2009 17:01:11] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/a/c/r/*****/html/gallery/includes/languages/classic2/english.php:1401) in /home/content/a/c/r/*****/html/gallery/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78

[17-Apr-2009 17:01:44] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/a/c/r/*****/html/gallery/includes/languages/classic2/english.php:1401) in /home/content/a/c/r/*****/html/gallery/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 44

I did indeed fine one " too many and I fixed it- didn't help- so there was probably more so I reloaded all the original files and it still doesn't work.

I ran the debug program agan after that a- just now and got a slew of messages - but they are actuall y just these three:
    [17-Apr-2009 16:15:48] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/a/c/r/*****/html/gallery/includes/languages/classic2/english.php:1401) in /home/content/a/c/r/*****/html/gallery/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78
    [17-Apr-2009 16:15:48] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/a/c/r/*****/html/gallery/includes/languages/classic2/english.php:1401) in /home/content/a/c/r/*****/html/gallery/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 44

[17-Apr-2009 16:16:00] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/a/c/r/*****/html/gallery/includes/languages/classic2/english.php:1401) in /home/content/a/c/r/*****/html/gallery/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78

[17-Apr-2009 17:01:16] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/a/c/r/*****/html/gallery/includes/languages/classic2/english.php:1401) in /home/content/a/c/r/*****/html/gallery/includes/init_includes/init_templates.php on line 78
    [17-Apr-2009 17:01:16] PHP Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/a/c/r/*****/html/gallery/includes/languages/classic2/english.php:1401) in /home/content/a/c/r/*****/html/gallery/includes/functions/functions_general.php on line 44

What does "Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by..." mean?

april_may
    Last edited by Ajeh; 10 May 2009 at 02:27 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Well- here I go again. I read some more-should have done that first...
    I downloaded WinMerge and checked my files. There IS something wrong in my custom file.
    and
    I had not removed my custom file from the site
    "gallery/includes/languages/classic2/english.php"
    so it was over-riding the original "gallery/includes/languages//english.php"
    and of course not working.

So it it is working now with the original english.php file. I could not find any differences in the other two files listed in previous post.

So now I will carefully go throuh my custom one to see what went wrong. I changed the footer line with my copyright stuff.
    I would like to try the module - it was for the grid format.
    There are so many sizes and editions that an art image is availble in I wanted a grid to show all with an add to cart next to each choice. Maybe the module was not configured to go with this latest version of ZenCart.

Thanks for your help! it is amazing what one little ' . or " can do!

april_may

Plugin Contributions

Sounds like you have space(s) or blank line(s) at the end of the file after the closing php ?> bracket ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

That must have been what it was. I had added notes on the first one.
    So, I started over and I carefully edited the text and made sure my commented out notes were not creating a new lines or extra spaces. Uploaded my edited english.php in my Template folder and it is working!
    Thank you!

Plugin Contributions

You are most welcome ... thanks for posting that this worked for you ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!