Hi There

I wonder if anyone here can just give me a few details please regarding Zen Cart. I have looked around the forum but I'm a little confused.

I am used to building websites and I am looking for a shopping cart - and Zen cart certainly looks good.

I want to build a store selling a small selection of items but I also want to give a lot of additional information to ensure it looks like a freiedly 'expert' site and more than 'just a shop'.

To get things clear in my head may I ask please:

1) Some shopping carts only allow a few additional pages such as 'about us' and terms & 'conditions' etc. Can I add a lot of 'static' pages - i.e. non product pages where I can give safety information etc and really personalise the site?

2) I notice that some of the current stores using Zen Cart have nice, clean, SEO friendly URL's and some do not - i.e. they have long i.d. strings. Do I need an 'add on' to achieve a 'clean' URL? (I hope that makes sense)?

3) Is it easy to make the website design 'unique'. Are their templates included or is it just a matter of changing the CSS?

4) Can I make the index page look more like a 'static' page without it automatically look like a 'shop'.

Any information on what I am trying to achieve would be very much appreciated.

Thanks very much in advance.

Denise