Plugin Contributions

Default Problems with Zen Cart after Provider moved my website to a new server

Hi,

I´m using Zen Cart 1.3.8a installed on a GoDaddy Linux server.

The installation I did in January was a success and up to now everything worked fine.

Yesterday I received an information mail from GoDaddy, that they have transferred my website to a new server for improvement of speed etc. and although they had taken great care that everything remains unchanged I should check my website.

When I did this, I found a big red warning message at the top of my index Zen Cart page with the following text:

"Warning: I am able to write to the configuration file: /home/content/i/t/o/itoblique1/html/zenstore/includes/configure.php. This is a potential security risk - please set the right user permissions on this file (read-only, CHMOD 644 or 444 are typical). You may need to use your webhost control panel/file-manager to change the permissions effectively. Contact your webhost for assistance."

Of course I originally had set the permissions on the configure.php files to 644. When I checked with my FTP program I saw that permissions were wrong now, so I changed them back. But the warning message kept staying.
    When I contacted GoDaddy they said it could take up to 24 hours for the change to become active - so I waited.
    Now more than 24 hours are over and in my FTP program as well as in the file manager of my GoDaddy account the configure.php file is set to 644 - but still I get the warning message in my store. You can see that here: http://www.itofarm.com/zenstore/

Any ideas what I can do to get rid of the alert? I suppose when the setting of the file is 644 on FTP and file manager I can rely on that, or could this be a false info?
    Help very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
    Ingo

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems with Zen Cart after Provider moved my website to a new server

Set permissions to 444 and you may have to use the account file manager to do this or contact them if can find no way.
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Problems with Zen Cart after Provider moved my website to a new server

I just changed the permission to 444 and now the alert message is gone.

Would Zen Cart work with 444 as well?

Regards

Plugin Contributions

Hi Kobra,

thanks, I haven´t seen your superquick response. So I leave the permission on 444.

Best regards