Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default forgetting shopping cart contacts 'your shopping cart is empty'

Hello,

I have installed a fresh instalation of v1.3.8

When I add a product to the shopping cart it go's to the shopping cart and says 'your shopping cart is empty' like there's is something wrong with the cache or cookie control. Is there any way to change the cache type (to test this) from within the admin or config so I do not have to reinstall the site

If someone can try to add a product to their cart and see if it happens to you. I have tested it on 2 computer so I think it will happen to you as well.
    http://www.veronicawillisskin.com/sh...&products_id=1

Hope someone may have seen this before.

it is a new server I have never worked on before so it's probably the servers fault, or I need to find something to change in the Cpanel.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: forgetting shopping cart contacts 'your shopping cart is empty' how to test cache

What was this like before you changed the template look?

Caching method and location is in your 2 configure.php files
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: forgetting shopping cart contacts 'your shopping cart is empty' how to test cache

Thanks. I always start of with this design then change it from there, I have never had a problem with it yet but I will try installing a unedited version. I tried changing the cashe but it did not make the site work. I will post here again after I install it again. Thanks.

Actually this site was working a few weeks ago then stopped working, I thought the owner changed something although they said they did not so I re installed it but it would still now work

Plugin Contributions

If it did work and now does not then something changed???

Have a backup?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

[FONT=Verdana]No nothing changed

I just instilled a fresh copy and still having the same problem! and I dont know what to do.[/FONT]

http://www.veronicawillisskin.com/shop

Plugin Contributions

I knottiest when I uploaded everything the .htaccess file did not upload… and they wont upload what ever I do. or i should say that they say they uplaod but I cant see them in my ftp browser
    Last edited by vandiermen; 4 May 2008 at 05:59 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: forgetting shopping cart contents 'your shopping cart is empty' when add to cart

title should have been 'forgetting shopping cart contents 'your shopping cart is empty' when add to cart, you can change it if you like
    Last edited by vandiermen; 4 May 2008 at 06:06 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: forgetting shopping cart contents 'your shopping cart is empty' when add to cart

If cart contents aren't being remembered, then you probably also cannot login.
    Your server is having a PHP sessions problem. Either session support is not configured correctly and you ignored the warnings during installation, or it's not setting session cookies correctly perhaps due to domain configuration errors or browser cookie blockers.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks you. Yes also the login system is not working, and says 'There was a security error when trying to login.' when I try to login. I will contact the server.

Plugin Contributions

Here is a link to a copy of the zen cart System Inspection http://www.veronicawillisskin.com/Ze...Inspection.mht

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast