Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Admin - Payments - Offline Credit Cards - How to turn off?

How do we turn this off without losing the credit card for the merchant account?

Meaning, when I turn off "offline credit card processing" in Admin > Payments ..... it takes away the credit card input form on the payments page of checkout that is associated with the merchant account.

So, it's either have two forms or none ....

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin - Payments - Offline Credit Cards - How to turn off

This shouldn't be the case. You should be able to turn off one payment module and leave all the other modules installed and enabled. Are you un-installing the CC module, or just setting it to DISABLED?

Also, which payment module are you using, as it sounds like it is refering to a variable which isn't part of its installation.

Absolute
    Back, after a 4 year absence! Did you miss me?
    Absolute Web Solutions Ltd
    Interested in our work? Take a look at one of our sites - The Tech Store

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin - Payments - Offline Credit Cards - How to turn off?

When you go to the payments page of checkout ... you have several choices:

1) Credit Card, where you fill out your name, CC#, CVV, expiration date.

2) PayPal

3) Check/Money Order

4) Credit Card - one field, with your name already filled in.

That last option is the one we need turned off as it relates to the "offline credit card processing" as listed in Admin > Payments.
    However, when I 'turn off' that option, the first credit card option (which is the merchant account) also turns off. I have done no modifications to payments, other than adding the merchant account mod (Transaction Central, transfirst).

Plugin Contributions

Please see the screen shot.

I think when people do the "secured" credit card at the bottom of the payment list, it's not doing our merchant account.

We want all credit payments to go through our merchant account (unless of course they are doing PayPal option).

I don't know which of these two credit card options (first or last) is associated with the merchant account.

Putting the "offline credit card processing" payment method to "false" deletes the first credit card option - the form they fill out their CC details.

Name:  payment-page.jpg
Views: 1248
Size:  30.7 KB

Plugin Contributions

I keep messing around with the settings in the Admin.

I can't seem to get rid of that "secure credit card" thingy without it affecting the credit card form.

The Transaction Central (transfirst) module (merchant account) does not affect this tpl_checkout_payment.php page in any way. So it's not that.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

No, you're mistaken.

The "last" one in the list (labelled "secure credit card") IS your Transaction Central module. That's the one you NEED (assuming this is all about wanting to take payments via Transaction Central).

So, to turn off the first one in the list (which comes from the Offline Credit Card module), go to Admin->Modules->Payment, click on Offline Credit Card, click on "Remove", and it will disappear from the list.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

But, I'm confused, DrByte .... where do people enter their credit card details then? That "secure credit card" feature never gives you a way.

Whats even more confusing then, is that we do have some transaction central credit card orders, but have no clue where they have entered their CC details.
    Last edited by beyre; 4 May 2009 at 11:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

I'm not familiar with how that gateway works. Perhaps it takes them offsite to the transaction central website to enter their details?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Dang!

I disabled the offline processing option and did a test account and it does not give you a way to enter details.

I have no clue how there are both cc and transaction_central orders.

I'm at a loss.

Plugin Contributions

Since Transfirst is closed for the day, I had to switch both carts back to x-cart because all incoming orders are now just "cc" orders and we can't process them.

I wish someone else here, who uses Transaction Central, would pipe in and tell me what they did to get this working successfully.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast