Thread: SitemapXML v.2

Page 56 of 212 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SitemapXML v.2

Thanks so much for the tip, ill go do some digging up
    Silver Jewellery

RESPECT to the Zen Cart Team, I'm PERFECTLY Zenned!

Plugin Contributions

I have one question... I have just installed an URL rewrite mod, the new "nice" links on the site work perfectly but the sitemap is still being generated the old way... (using the index.php etc etc)

is this something that needs to me modified to the sitemap code? or it is most likely a url rewrite issue?

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by antoniobb View Post
    I have one question... I have just installed an URL rewrite mod, the new "nice" links on the site work perfectly but the sitemap is still being generated the old way... (using the index.php etc etc)

is this something that needs to me modified to the sitemap code? or it is most likely a url rewrite issue?
    Just some thoughts:

1. Is your sitemap xml mod set to use current pages? Maybe setting to false in configuration/sitemap will cause new page to be created.

2. I find that I have to reset master categories id to have everything working properly.

Plugin Contributions

red flag Re: SitemapXML v.2

Quote Originally Posted by eOstrE View Post
    I found out that when you submid the XML sitemap, the mod generates a fault.

The XML file that is created, the URLSET ( </urlset> ) is not present (missing) at the end.
    So robots will nog recognise this XML file

So people, don't forget to write it yourself.
    I'm having this problem with the productsitemap, the others are working normal.

Is there a solution for it?
    Am I the only one with this matter?

Plugin Contributions

This may not be the place for this, I use sitemap xml I have updated now to 1.3.9h and have done every update since starting with 1.3.8 so a-h. I had over 400 pages indexed on google, now 1. Seemed to have happened over night, I added some items and made changes so I submitted a new sitemap end of last month. Any ideas?
    or help would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Installed as per instructions, left config Sitemap XML as was, set permissions 777 to all XML files.
    When I go to Tools > Sitemapm XML i get the following

HEADING_TITLE

TEXT_SITEMAPXML_OVERVIEW_HEAD TEXT_SITEMAPXML_OVERVIEW_TEXT TEXT_SITEMAPXML_INSTRUCTIONS_HEAD TEXT_SITEMAPXML_INSTRUCTIONS_STEP1 TEXT_SITEMAPXML_INSTRUCTIONS_STEP2
    The xml files remain blank
    Any ideas please /
    Thanks in advance

Steve

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by SPH View Post
    Just some thoughts:

1. Is your sitemap xml mod set to use current pages? Maybe setting to false in configuration/sitemap will cause new page to be created.

2. I find that I have to reset master categories id to have everything working properly.
    I am having the same issue. I am using SEO URLs and when the XML file is created it is using the original URL and google dropped all my links because they say I am redirecting from what is in my XML file.

I do not see that the orignal poster was ever answered to how to remedy this.

I do have the Config set to use current pages and I did reset my master categories. It did not make a difference

Plugin Contributions

Also what I noticed as well is when it generates the product URL's it inserts this &amp; in place of &. That makes all my Links not work. I had to go through and Find and replace all of those &amp;. How can I get it to use the correct symbol?

Plugin Contributions

ARGGGGH What is wrong with my SiteMap?

I tried to manually submit it to Bing and it gets to the first product and errors. Here is the error

HTTP code: 200
    Severity: Error Line: 9 Position: 87 Message: '=' is an unexpected token. The expected token is ';'. Line 9, position 87.

The = is part of the URL. I don't understand why this is not working for me. Is it because I am on the latest version of ZEN?

Plugin Contributions

ZC 1.3.9h
    SitemapXML v2.1.0

I recently noticed that Google webmaster tools is having an issue downloading sitemapezpages.xml. All other sitemap files (sitemapcategories.xml and sitemapproducts.xml) show they were downloaded and no issues reported by Google.

The status of this page in google webmaster tools lists the following:
    We encountered an error while trying to access your Sitemap. Please ensure your Sitemap follows our guidelines and can be accessed at the location you provided and then resubmit.

I verified that the sitemapezpages.xml file is in root and accessible (as it has been for last 12+ months). I checked through a month of backups and performed a compare and nothing has recently changed with this file. In fact, I have never had an issue since I installed this mod back in 2009. The sitemap is accessible, displays the urls to ezpages and click-through with no issue.

I have updated the sitemap and resubmitted, but Google keeps reporting the same error.

Has anyone else noticed any problems with Google webmaster tools and sitemapezpages.xml?
    Last edited by Crunch; 15 Dec 2010 at 04:33 PM.