Thread: SitemapXML v.2

Page 112 of 212 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 2111
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: SitemapXML v.2

Quote Originally Posted by countrycharm View Post
    What version of zen cart are you using?
    Thank you! The change to the .htaccess file worked for me as well. I am using 1.3.9.h, and the original .htaccess file for 1.3.9.h does incude the xsl and XSL; however, my .htaccess file must have been overwritten at some point, because I needed to add it back in again to get past the style sheet error.

Plugin Contributions

Thank you! The change to the .htaccess file worked for me as well. I am using 1.3.9.h, and the original .htaccess file for 1.3.9.h does incude the xsl and XSL; however, my .htaccess file must have been overwritten at some point, because I needed to add it back in again to get past the style sheet error.

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    I have used this plugin for a lot fo time and it works perfectly.
    I wonder if now it shuold be updated for the rich sniippets.
    It seems to me that there is a conflict between thw data google collects on his own about rich sippets and the data google find in the sitempaproduct file.
    I may be worng but after updating the sitemap product the rich snippets data disappaered.
    ciao from italy

Plugin Contributions

Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by enzo-ita View Post
    I wonder if now it shuold be updated for the rich sniippets.
    It seems to me that there is a conflict between thw data google collects on his own about rich sippets and the data google find in the sitempaproduct file.
    I may be worng but after updating the sitemap product the rich snippets data disappaered.
    I think I missed something. Can you tell me more about how the Sitemap XML correlated with Rich Snippets?
    I always thought that the Sitemap XML has no semantic information - it's just a list of URL.

Plugin Contributions

Default Failing Cron...

I have SitemapXML running fine, but can not get the cron job to work. I am running Zen 1.3.8a, and the latest ver of SitemapXML.

I tried to do some testing. When I disable the security token, and enter "http://www.fantasycostume.com/cgi-bin/sitemapxml.php" into my browser, it works fine. But when I change it to "http://www.fantasycostume.com/cgi-bin/sitemapxml.php rebuild=yes" I get a 404 error. I am on a Linux server running Apache. Of course, adding ping=yes, and/or token=xxxx doesn't help any.

Plugin Contributions

I just upgrade from v2.1 to 3.2.6 on Zen Cart v1.3.9h.
    I see that it no longer has a two-step method, but how do you see if Google, Bing, etc. received the update?

My sitemap.xml size = 0, as is the original sitemap.xml copied from the zip install file. Is that normal?

I have my robot.txt directing sitemap to sitemapindex.xml. Is that still true?
    Katrina Robb
    KatalinaKlark.com

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Failing Cron...

Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by masterrusty View Post
    I have SitemapXML running fine, but can not get the cron job to work. I am running Zen 1.3.8a, and the latest ver of SitemapXML.

I tried to do some testing. When I disable the security token, and enter "http://www.fantasycostume.com/cgi-bin/sitemapxml.php" into my browser, it works fine. But when I change it to "http://www.fantasycostume.com/cgi-bin/sitemapxml.php rebuild=yes" I get a 404 error. I am on a Linux server running Apache. Of course, adding ping=yes, and/or token=xxxx doesn't help any.
    Sure, it's wrong. Why such format for http url??? Use this
    Code:
    http://www.fantasycostume.com/cgi-bin/sitemapxml.php?rebuild=yes

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by katrobb View Post
    I just upgrade from v2.1 to 3.2.6 on Zen Cart v1.3.9h.
    I see that it no longer has a two-step method,
    What is "two-step method"?

but how do you see if Google, Bing, etc. received the update?
    Personally, I see the results of processing sitemap to GWT.
    Some users Ping search engines.

My sitemap.xml size = 0, as is the original sitemap.xml copied from the zip install file. Is that normal?
    Yes, if You don't use it.

I have my robot.txt directing sitemap to sitemapindex.xml. Is that still true?
    Yes, if You use sitemapindex.xml.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by a_berezin View Post
    Hi,

Sure, it's wrong. Why such format for http url??? Use this
    Code:
    http://www.fantasycostume.com/cgi-bin/sitemapxml.php?rebuild=yes
    I used that format because that is what the documentation said to use on the sitemap.php file. So that URL works fine in the browser, but I still can't get my cron job to work.

The documentation says to use:

"0 5 * * * php -f <path to shop>/cgi-bin/sitemapxml.php rebuild=yes ping=yes"

I had the command line like this before and it failed too:

/web/cgi-bin/php5 "/home/content/l/a/d/ladyfool/html/cgi-bin/sitemapxml.php rebuild=yes token=xxxxxx"

Since I am on godaddy, they have kind of a wizard that sets the time to run, so I assume that the 0 5 * * * is unnecessary for me, my currernt command line is:

/web/cgi-bin/php5 "/home/content/l/a/d/ladyfool/html/cgi-bin/sitemapxml.php?rebuild=yes&token=xxxxxx"

Godaddy is acting like creating a command line is top secret information, and won't give me any input. Can you tell me what is wrong?
    Last edited by masterrusty; 12 Dec 2012 at 04:01 PM.

Plugin Contributions

I used that format because that is what the documentation said to use on the sitemap.php file.
    it's not true

So that URL works fine in the browser, but I still can't get my cron job to work.

The documentation says to use:

"0 5 * * * php -f <path to shop>/cgi-bin/sitemapxml.php rebuild=yes ping=yes"

I had the command line like this before and it failed too:

/web/cgi-bin/php5 "/home/content/l/a/d/ladyfool/html/cgi-bin/sitemapxml.php rebuild=yes token=xxxxxx"

Since I am on godaddy, they have kind of a wizard that sets the time to run, so I assume that the 0 5 * * * is unnecessary for me, my currernt command line is:

/web/cgi-bin/php5 "/home/content/l/a/d/ladyfool/html/cgi-bin/sitemapxml.php?rebuild=yes&token=xxxxxx"

Godaddy is acting like creating a command line is top secret information, and won't give me any input. Can you tell me what is wrong?
    It is better to ask Godaddy.