Plugin Contributions

Default I can't access admin area

People, I need some serious help. I have my site on Godaddy's server. They have an install app that installs Zen Cart for you. The problem is, I can't even get to step 1, which is log into the admin console. It asks for your user name and password, and every single darn time I try to login, it says "You entered the wrong username or password." I uninstalled and installed 3 times, to no avail. Same error. I enter the email address to receive the user name and password, but it also says my email address is wrong or doesn't exist or whatever.

I guess the first thing I should ask is how the heck do I fix this? Apparently others are having this issue after googling and seeing it happen elsewhere. The tech people at Godaddy tried to login to my admin area of Zen Cart from their computer, and they couldn't either. They don't know what's going on either. I renamed the .htaccess file to htaccess_bak, but that didn't do it. Cleared cache and cookies, that didn't do it. I even removed all my site's files and uninstalled Zen Cart, reinstalled it with nothing but Zen Cart on my site, and it STILL DIDN'T FIX IT!!! I am frustrated and getting worried because I need to get this shopping cart up and running very soon.

During the install, the installer asks you for your admin user name, password, email address, etc, etc, and I assume it populates the relevant admin login php files with those values. Maybe a bug in the installer is not placing the correct values in to the fields that are checked by the admin login process. Where are those values stored? In the GoDaddy console, it shows you what your admin user name and password are, so you'd be a dummy to get it wrong. I don't know what to do, and I am under some serious pressure because customers are in need of seeing their photos in my store for purchase, and soon! Please help.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I can't access admin area

Though some people find GoDaddy OK for Zencart, many have problems...

Yours looks like a GD problem, so we may not be able to help you here. (Other ideas, anyone???)

Have you considered hosting with a company that understands and supports Zencart?

There are some very good ones listed under Recommended Services (link above).
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart 1.3.8

Server technologies: WINDOWS, PHP 5.1, ASP 1.0, ASP.NET 2.0, MYSQL 4.0.27, 4.1, 5.0, MSSQL 2000, 2005

Plugin Contributions

The people at GoDaddy said they have thousands of people who are using it, and it is fine with them. This is a bizarre situation. Let me ask this... where is the user name and password actually stored? In the database? Or in a file within the Zen Cart directory???

Plugin Contributions

Ask them to put you on a linux box.
    20 years a Zencart User