Plugin Contributions

help question '406 Not acceptable' error

I'm trying to mirror an existing zencart to another domain and got this error. Ran a new install of zen on the second domain, all installed correctly - didn't take any 'demo' products. Then went into admin, and run SQL statements, and copied in there a fresh download from my first domain (which is working fine). Hit submit, and got the following:

Code:
    Not Acceptable

An appropriate representation of the requested resource /admin/sqlpatch.php could not be found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.
    Ran a quick search and came up with this thread https://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?p=498532 but the two suggestions in there didn't help me
    The instructions say Insert Disk 3, but only two will fit...
    www.shedtraders.co.uk
    www.tobermorychocolate.co.uk

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: '406 Not acceptable' error

It's likely a mod_security rule (managed by your hosting company) that's causing that 406 error.
    The suggestions in the thread you mentioned should have worked.
    Since you said they didn't work, you'll need to talk to your hosting company to find a suitable workaround to not trigger the security rule.
    Or use phpMyAdmin instead.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I have to say I get a bit scared wandering round in phpMyAdmin, but it did seem fairly straightforward to do this bit so I had a go. Selected my database, hit the sql tab, there's a window to input the raw sql. Downloaded a fresh copy of the sql from my 'main' domain after ticking the 'no compression' tab and got myself a huge notepad file, copied and pasted that into the phpMyAdmin window, hit Submit.
    A minute later the screen refreshed, with a bit at the top that said
    Code:
    Your SQL query has been executed successfully
    So I looked at the new domain in my browser, and nothings changed! Its still the same brand new empty install, and doesn't have any of the customisations or products of my existing install on the other domain. I dunno whats happening now
    www.shedtraders.co.uk

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

When you did your "brand new empty install", did you select a table-prefix during the install phase? That table-prefix needs to match whatever table-prefix is used on your "main" site ... otherwise, while the data is present, the software doesn't know which tables to use in the database.

One way to "fix" it could be to compare the DB_PREFIX setting from the /includes/configure.php file from your "main" site against the "new" one. Change the "new" one to match the "main" one. You'll have to repeat it for the admin/includes/configure.php file once you have it reading the data properly.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

You're a very clever cookie
    Many thanks, I hadn't even thought that since I installed the 'new' one via the dreaded Fanstastico to save time, it might add a prefix I didn't want. Sure enough 'zen_' instead of ''. Makes you realise, 'saving time' doesn't necessarily mean 'saving time'!!!
    www.shedtraders.co.uk