Plugin Contributions

help question Addon Payflow Pro for PayPal - WILL NO LONGER WORK AFTER SEPTEMBER 1, 2009?

I just looking for a new site to use Payflow Pro for PayPal - this is for a canadian store.. front.. and we want to use the paypal plugin.. and i see on the module that it won't work after SEPTEMBER 2009! why is this?

Or is there already a plugin for the payment in zencart for this paypal mod?

http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php?ma...roducts_id=321

**** NOTE: THIS MODULE WILL NO LONGER WORK AFTER SEPTEMBER 1, 2009 ****

what is another solution to use paypal after sept 09?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payflow Pro for PayPal - WILL NO LONGER WORK AFTER SEPTEMBER 1, 2009

All is explained in the announcements section of this forum. The specific post is here.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Payflow Pro for PayPal - WILL NO LONGER WORK AFTER SEPTEMBER 1, 2009

So there still be a way to use the paypal payflow.. correct.. or is the name just change..

I havn't use this mod before.. and a client requires it.. just making sure..

https://www.paypal.com/ca/cgi-bin/we...erview-outside

Plugin Contributions

Just follow the instructions in the thread given and you can keep using it. Though your client would be better off upgrading to a later version of Zen Cart with Paypal built-in than using this rather old mod.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

I already use 1.3.8 for 2 other clients..

But for my new one i see that 1.3.9 will fix it.. any clue when that will be up? or just wait and see..

"Though your client would be better off upgrading to a later version of Zen Cart with Paypal built-in than using this rather old mod. "
    what one are you taking about?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

If you want to use Payflow Pro, and have v1.3.8, use the addon mentioned here: http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showth...988#post481988

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Addon Payflow Pro for PayPal - WILL NO LONGER WORK AFTER SEPTEMBER 1, 2009?

Ok i'm getting confused..

What do i need to let my client use paypal..????

Treat me as a newbee...

I'm a little lost now.. ALl i want is to use paypal so users can pay via my website..

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Addon Payflow Pro for PayPal - WILL NO LONGER WORK AFTER SEPTEMBER 1, 2009?

I see. You started by asking about Payflow Pro, which is why you're getting answers about Payflow Pro.

If you want to accept payments via PayPal, you have several options, depending on your needs:

1. (recommended) PayPal Express Checkout -- allows customers to pay using PayPal funds, credit cards, bank accounts.
    2. PayPal Website Payments Standard -- less efficient, older technology, allows same methods.

3. PayPal Website Payments Pro -- works alongside Express Checkout to collect payments via Credit Card directly on your site. Customer doesn't know PayPal is involved.
    4. Payflow Pro -- works similar to Website Payments Pro, but doesn't have any connection to Express Checkout.
    Both of the "Pro" options require application and approval process along with credit check, and carry monthly fees.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks.. this makes more sense.. as i wasn't sure what one I needed to start.. my fault..