Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Enhanced Who's Online Module - how do I see spiders?

Hi everyone,

I just installed the Enhanced Whos Online module and have noticed that it is only showing guest and members not spiders like the old feature.

Has anyone got an answer regarding why the spiders won't show up when I am checking who's online in the admin panel. It shows that I have 7 people online but when I go into the panel I only have about 3 so I assume that I have 4 spiders but I am unable to see who they are.

Any help would be appreciated.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Enhanced Who's Online Module - how do I see spiders?

They have a spider icon.... If installed correctly should work fine =-)

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

mprough thanks for your reply but I have uploaded into the correct directories I am sure which are admin/images and admin/whos online.php. All images show up except the usericon_spider.gif yet in the past the word spider showed up. Now the only ones that show up are usericon_active.gif and usericon_guest.gif

Would it have anything to do with the whos_online.php as to why the spider icon does not show up.

Plugin Contributions

Can anyone help with this issue because it is driving me mad.

I have tested that I have the image files in the correct directory by removing the image from the folder and then the image does not shows up and once I return the images they then show in whos online.

It has to be a problem with the whos_online.php file as the spider image does not show up at all since the install of the whos_online.pp into the admin main directory.

Someone must have had this issue before and knows the answer which I would like to know so I an correct it.

Plugin Contributions

Can anyone help in the forum with my problem regarding the Spider issue showing as a guest. This is the information that I have copied from the who's online page:

Session ID: 48bnnltb4433qlm0uflhmeflu7
    Host: OFFICE_IP_TO_HOST_ADDRESS
    User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Googlebot/2.1; +http://www.google.com/bot.html)

I still think it has something to do with the php file.

Plugin Contributions

Its not showing as a guest, the module is fine... your sessions are configured incorrectly I believe... or you are caching to a file.

Check

Zen Admin >> Configuration >> Sessions

Recreate Session
    and
    Prevent Spider Sessions

Should be set to true.

~Melanie
    PRO-Webs, Inc. :: Recent Zen Cart Projects :: Zen Cart SEO – 12 Steps to Success
    **I answer questions in the forum, private messages are NOT answered. You are welcome to contact us via our website for professional engagements.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    Its not showing as a guest, the module is fine... your sessions are configured incorrectly I believe... or you are caching to a file.

Check

Zen Admin >> Configuration >> Sessions

Recreate Session
    and
    Prevent Spider Sessions

Should be set to true.

~Melanie
    Thanks Melanie but after the changes you suggested it is still the same not showing the Spiders and just showing them as a Guest. This has happened since I updated with the Enhanced Who's Online Module.

I am still maintaining that it has something to do with the script in the php file why they are not showing up but I am not good with php code so I don't touch or play with it in case I cause more problems than I already have.

Plugin Contributions

By the way I have noticed that the members sometimes show up two or three time with the same IP address. Would that be part of the issue.

Plugin Contributions

I have the module running without these issues on 6 carts. So perhaps, its a configuration issue with your hosting.

What version php?

or once again, maybe you are caching to a file.

~Melanie

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by mprough View Post
    I have the module running without these issues on 6 carts. So perhaps, its a configuration issue with your hosting.

What version php?

or once again, maybe you are caching to a file.

~Melanie
    Melanie,

This is the version PHP Version 5.2.5 and I am with godaddy which has the zencart as an addon. Could you tell me where I should be looking for the caching issue as I have installed Simple Cache and I am not finding any cache files in the cache directory or the simple cache directory.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast