Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Missing HOME page? Why is it blank?

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]I have perused a bit thru here but did not find an answer that works ...

I got zen cart installed fine ... was editing colours & stuff .. all fine ... went thru FAQ to change the middle section of the page & the "New Products" panel there & found how to change the line "Congratulations! You have successfully installed ..." etc ... followed the steps but when I saved & viewed there was nothing but a BLANK page for my index ....

Yes, I went tot my back-up copy & found it too somehow had been changed too so it was no good ... and no, I have no idea how that happened ....

Yes, I tried the debugger & used the one in my cPanel too ... it reads as saying the needed files for correct display are not found ....

The cart was installed fine 05/25/09 ...

I am using version 1.3.8a

No upgrades, no installed addons, only customization I did was for changing colours of bars in the CLASSIC GREEN to my own shade of purple to go with my uploaded banner, I re-sized a few sections & uploaded a product as testing (that page loads just fine by the way... strange enuff)

URLs with edits to prevent search engines tagging it...

issue URL: http://ewc2007.com/store/

fine page URL: http://ewc2007.com/store/index.php?m...&products_id=1

(yes permissions wide open cuz I have yet to get them set right... but with it having current issues I am not too worried about anything yet and the pics there were not stretched before this)

I am not sure if there are other questions I should answer ... but all was fine until I tried to follow the steps in the FAQ to make the small changes in the text ....

Katt (looking for any help other than being told to re-install the whole thing which is already Plan B of course)
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Missing HOME page? Why is it blank?

Is the last file you tried to edit includes/languages/english/ index.php or header.php ? My "guess" would be that you removed one or both of the ' needed.

Upload a fresh copy of just that page (from a full fileset) to your server.

Does that help?

Tina

Plugin Contributions

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]It was index.php

But I left the quotation marks, knowing from basic CSS & HTML that those are needed .....

And unfortunately I do not have a "clean" copy cuz my back-up went weird too somehow .....

This is my copy from store/includes/languages/english/index.php as it lays out for me in Notepad:

<?php/** * @package languageDefines * @copyright Copyright 2003-2006 Zen Cart Development Team * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0 * @version $Id: index.php 6550 2007-07-05 03:54:54Z drbyte $ */define('TEXT_MAIN','This is the main define statement for the page for english when no template defined file exists. It is located in: <strong>/includes/languages/english/index.php</strong>');// Showcase vs Storeif (STORE_STATUS == '0') { define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome <span class="greetUser">Guest!</span> Would you like to <a href="%s">log yourself in</a>?');} else { define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome, please enjoy our online showcase.');}define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL', 'Hello <span class="greetUser">%s</span>! Would you like to see our <a href="%s">newest additions</a>?');define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Define your main Index page copy here.');//moved to english//define('TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS','Featured Products');//define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s');//define('TABLE_HEADING_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'Upcoming Products');//define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_EXPECTED', 'Date Expected');if ( ($category_depth == 'products') || (zen_check_url_get_terms()) ) { // This section deals with product-listing page contents define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Available Products'); define('TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE', 'Product Image'); define('TABLE_HEADING_MODEL', 'Model'); define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Product Name'); define('TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURER', 'Manufacturer'); define('TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY', 'Quantity'); define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE', 'Price'); define('TABLE_HEADING_WEIGHT', 'Weight'); define('TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW', 'Buy Now'); define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS', 'There are no products to list in this category.'); define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS2', 'There is no product available from this manufacturer.'); define('TEXT_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS', 'Number of Products: '); define('TEXT_SHOW', 'Filter Results by:'); define('TEXT_BUY', 'Buy 1 \''); define('TEXT_NOW', '\' now'); define('TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES', 'All Categories'); define('TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS', 'All Manufacturers');} elseif ($category_depth == 'top') { // This section deals with the "home" page at the top level with no options/products selected /*Replace this text with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/ define('HEADING_TITLE', 'You have successfully installed your Zen Cart&trade; E-Commerce Solution.');} elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') { // This section deals with displaying a subcategory /*Replace this line with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/ define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart&trade; E-Commerce Solution.'); }?>

the back-up copy is the same too .....

I did follow as best the steps per this FAQ: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/i...hp?article=129

Katt
    [/FONT]
    Last edited by Katt; 26 May 2009 at 06:06 AM. Reason: (added more details for better assistance)

Plugin Contributions

Upload a fresh copy of just that page (from a full fileset) to your server - download and unzip the full fileset - you can get the download here: http://www.zen-cart.com/index.php

Plugin Contributions

Katt,

Try this - save as index.php

<?php
    /**
    * @package languageDefines
    * @copyright Copyright 2003-2006 Zen Cart Development Team
    * @copyright Portions Copyright 2003 osCommerce
    * @license http://www.zen-cart.com/license/2_0.txt GNU Public License V2.0
    * @version $Id: index.php 6550 2007-07-05 03:54:54Z drbyte $
    */
    define('TEXT_MAIN','This is the main define statement for the page for english when no template defined file exists. It is located in: <strong>/includes/languages/english/index.php</strong>');
    // Showcase vs Store
    if (STORE_STATUS == '0') {
    define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome <span class="greetUser">Guest!</span> Would you like to <a href="%s">log yourself in</a>?');
    } else {
    define('TEXT_GREETING_GUEST', 'Welcome, please enjoy our online showcase.');
    }
    define('TEXT_GREETING_PERSONAL', 'Hello <span class="greetUser">%s</span>! Would you like to see our <a href="%s">newest additions</a>?');
    define('TEXT_INFORMATION', 'Define your main Index page copy here.');
    //moved to english
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_FEATURED_PRODUCTS','Featured Products');
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_NEW_PRODUCTS', 'New Products For %s');
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_UPCOMING_PRODUCTS', 'Upcoming Products');
    //define('TABLE_HEADING_DATE_EXPECTED', 'Date Expected');
    if ( ($category_depth == 'products') || (zen_check_url_get_terms()) ) {
    // This section deals with product-listing page contents
    define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Available Products');
    define('TABLE_HEADING_IMAGE', 'Product Image');
    define('TABLE_HEADING_MODEL', 'Model');
    define('TABLE_HEADING_PRODUCTS', 'Product Name');
    define('TABLE_HEADING_MANUFACTURER', 'Manufacturer');
    define('TABLE_HEADING_QUANTITY', 'Quantity');
    define('TABLE_HEADING_PRICE', 'Price');
    define('TABLE_HEADING_WEIGHT', 'Weight');
    define('TABLE_HEADING_BUY_NOW', 'Buy Now');
    define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS', 'There are no products to list in this category.');
    define('TEXT_NO_PRODUCTS2', 'There is no product available from this manufacturer.');
    define('TEXT_NUMBER_OF_PRODUCTS', 'Number of Products: ');
    define('TEXT_SHOW', 'Filter Results by:');
    define('TEXT_BUY', 'Buy 1 \'');
    define('TEXT_NOW', '\' now');
    define('TEXT_ALL_CATEGORIES', 'All Categories');
    define('TEXT_ALL_MANUFACTURERS', 'All Manufacturers');
    } elseif ($category_depth == 'top') {
    // This section deals with the "home" page at the top level with no options/products selected
    /*Replace this text with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/
    define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart&trade; E-Commerce Solution.');
    } elseif ($category_depth == 'nested') {
    // This section deals with displaying a subcategory
    /*Replace this line with the headline you would like for your shop. For example: 'Welcome to My SHOP!'*/
    define('HEADING_TITLE', 'Congratulations! You have successfully installed your Zen Cart&trade; E-Commerce Solution.');
    }
    ?>

Plugin Contributions

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Well i grabbed a fresh zip ... un-zipped it on a TOTALLY different drive & copied the index.php from one to the other ... the page loads now vs blank white screen ....

http://ewc2007 .com/ store

But I am leery of making those text changes tonight .... I will try in the morning after sleep & before class ... uptraining as cell phone techie ... computers & art are more fun ... and a heck of a lot less stressful ... LOL

Thanks & g'night!

Katt
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Katt - before you call it a night - you should change the permissions on your configure files.

Tina

Plugin Contributions

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]What is the correct setting that gives me permission to make changes safely? 0755 was wrong ... 0777 is wide open ... is there a better?

Katt
    [/FONT]

Plugin Contributions

Your two configure files should be at 444

Tina

Plugin Contributions

[FONT="Comic Sans MS"]Thanks Tina ... all changed now ... gonna check out some templates to see if that saves me "breaking: it again .... LOL

Katt
    [/FONT]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast