Plugin Contributions

Default Removing Multiple products from specials list

It there an easy way to remove multiple items from the specials list in the admin?

For instance, I have 175 items showing on the specials list....150 of which are products whose "sale" price has ended. I want to clean up that list, and remove them from there....but right now have to do it one at a time. Is there a way to bulk remove them?

(wish I could just "check" all those I want to remove from the specials page, and then just confirm it once, instead of having to click to delete, then click to confirm deletion on EACH product in the specials list)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removing Multiple products from specials list

You could browse the specials table in phpMyAdmin and do something along that line ...

NOTE: be sure to backup your database before doing this ...

NOTE: be sure to run the Store Manager ... Update Price Sorter ... when done as you are making these changes outside of Zen Cart ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Removing Multiple products from specials list

That would be dangerous :) for me at least!

And the problem is, I go through this every month, and it's not just the specials, it the features as well.

I have over 3000 product in the store, and every month we have an average of 30 featured products, 30 specials.

Let it sit for more than 3 months, and it starts to clutter up on that list. To clean up the list, i have to sit there click delete, wait for page to respond, click again to confirm delete, wait for page, and then move on to the next one. Bit time consuming.

It would be nice if we could "check box" the items in that list that are expired, and just mass remove them from there.