Plugin Contributions

Default I can log into admin but when I go to a sub it asks of pw again.can't access anything

I just loaded the most recent version ( book not here yet) I can log into admin - but when I chose a pull down to open or edit ( like templates) I end up back at enter user id / password. when I enter the info it returns me back to to main admin page - repeatedly. What do I need to do to correct the password id loop? :
    Could really use some help - or delete and start over.......any ideas??

Jill Hartman

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I can log into admin but when I go to a sub it asks of pw again.can't access anyt

Jill,

Need more info as requested when you started this thread...
    Latest version??? Many think this - what is the release #
    what type of server?
    What ver of php
    What ver of mysql?
    etc etc

Or just start over
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: I can log into admin but when I go to a sub it asks of pw again.can't access anyt

Thank you for responding.

The version is the most recent - 1.3.8, I believe. I chose to install with the demo info. I just loaded it 5 days ago.

PHP Version: 4.4.9
    MySQL Version: 5.0.51

I added an SSL certificate after the installation. My account is with Webmasters.com, so I logged into SQL to open my data base - it is functioning - then downloaded the Filezilla client to my computer. I printed the suggested getting started help files and followed the instructions for securing my site. Renamed admin dir and so forth. I have only changed minor things in the Admin tool. tried to upload some templates but could not get then to show up. Added my zip code to the shipping module. Deleted the record manufactures. Have downloaded the entire Zen directory to my computer.

I purchased the downloadable 'Basic Zen Cart in Plain English' and it has helped me understand the templates but I have not been able to use ANY function in the Administration page since yesterday. Continues to loop me back to the login when I select any function - then returns me to the main admin page. I have requested a new password - (the old one let me in to the admin page) with the same results.

So basically, all I have done so far is get stuck on the setting up templates, add security, and very light admin changes. Also tried to replace logo in existing green template.

I think it will be at least a week before I get the manual and I can't find a reference to this specific problem.

Site is: s i m p l e e s . c o m
    Hope this gives you more background.Looking forward to hearing back from you,

Jill

Plugin Contributions

Having moved/renamed your admin folder - TRIPLE check your admin/includes/configure.php file for any anomolies....you have to insure that the admin settings point correctly
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten