Plugin Contributions

Default Wrong shipping total when mixing real and virtual products with attributes

This bug appears in the Shopping cart. Shipping modules enabled are FREE SHIPPING! and Zone Rates.

If I mix an order of virtual and real products where the real product has a flat cost and a zone zone shipping rate and the virtual product has a pricing attribute, if the highest sorted price of any one virtual product is selected the shipping cost in the cart displays zero instead of the cost of the real product. But if the pricing attribute selected is LOWER than the highest price, then the shipping cost in the cart is correct. I've tried this with two different virtual products one with 3 tiered, pricing one with two. Both attempts produced the zero total shipping cost only when the highest tier price was selected.

This is a brand new test setup running on my local machine
    set up and working correctly.

I searched the forum but didn't see anything like this.

Zen Cart 1.3.8
    No upgrade

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Bug in shipping total when mixing real and virtual products with attributes

It may not matter but my pricing attributes are set up as radio buttons

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Bug in shipping total when mixing real and virtual products with attributes

More information:

The observation about the bug appearing only if the top levels in the pricing tier of the downloadable product is selected was incorrect. I tried adding a 4th level to one product. With it the bug appears if any level above the 1st or 2nd are selected. With the two tiered product the bug appears if the second sorted pricing tier is selected.

This is a serious bug. Unless some setting I've made is incorrect or there's a viable workaround, it would prevent me from deploying Zen Cart. I would be eating a lot of shipping costs.

Plugin Contributions

Make sure you are following the rules on Downloads:

1 Downloads are NOT Virtual Products ... mark this as:
    Product is Virtual: No, Shipping Address Required

2 Downloads are NOT Always Free Shipping ... mark this as:
    Always Free Shipping: No, Normal Shipping Rules

Downloads know that there is no shipping based on the existence of the filename on the attribute ...

Marking either of the other 2 choices would count them twice as not to be charged shipping ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Thanks, Linda. I tried your suggestion. It worked except for one of the downloadable products that's free. In that case I had to choose "Always free shipping" Otherwise a flat rate rate was added. Is tehre a logic for that one?

Plugin Contributions

Recheck that Attribute ... did you forget the filename? Did you accidentally add weight to the product?

I have a Free Download Product and with another Product in the Cart I get the Flat Rate and Item working fine ...

With only the Free Download in the Cart I get the Free Shipping ...

I cannot produce any errors and do not need to mark this product as Virtual or Always Free Shipping ...
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Hi Linda,

I found the problem. It was marked as a free product. When I turned that swicth off it worked as you suggested.

Thanks for your help.

David

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Wrong shipping total when mixing real and virtual products with attributes

You mean it was marked as Always Free Shipping? Or what?
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Wrong shipping total when mixing real and virtual products with attributes

No, in the product definition "Product is Free" was marked yes.

Plugin Contributions

Odd that you have a problem with that ... I have a Product is Free marked and not tripping a problem ...

Glad you have it working for you ...
    Linda McGrath