Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UPS discounted rates not showing in UPS XML

Trust me I had to make a few changes to get the discounted rates in the module I posted, if you are using world ship 2008 or earlier you must have Negotiated rates turned on to actually see and display them. The 2009 version and up will automatically show you these rates.

If you are using UPS.com and not world ship you have to have Negotiated turned on for that and only your rep can do that for you.

Plugin Contributions

OK probably one thing I should have told you guys too, this is a Canadian store. I don't use Worldship I use regular UPS but the Canadian one.

Tat - I turned the Residential to Commercial and it still did not even come close to matching the discounted rates.

Marco - Thanks for sending that file I really appreciate it. I entered my account number on the line like the readme said and uploaded the file to includes/modules/shipping and when I went to check out the shipping module disappeared.....is there a reason for this? is the file you gave me not compatible with the version of UPS I am using?

Thanks for you help folks.....any more help you can give me to resolve this issue would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Plugin Contributions

Not sure what version you are using, the one I modified can be found here: http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.p...ules_-_UPS_XML

If you have the above version installed you should be able to over write it with mine.

Also not sure how you added your account number but the line you modify should look like below.

The XXXXXX of course would be your account number.

Code:
    "         <ShipperNumber>XXXXXX</ShipperNumber>\n".

Plugin Contributions

marco - yes I have that exact same version of the UPS XML and I overwrote the file in includes/modules/shipping with the one you gave me with my UPS shipper number inserted down on line 542 and all I get at the shipping portion of the checkout is nothing.....no shipping options at all.

The green light is on next to the UPS XML module in the backend and Zen Cart doesn't say that there are no shipping modules on but at shipping there is nothing.

I even turned off the module, reinstalled the whole thing with the edit version you gave to me and reactivated it and entered all my info and again....same thing....still nothing.

What could I be doing wrong to have this happen? Thanks for all your help so far but just need a little more if you got it?

Plugin Contributions

Not sure why it is not working for you, I downloaded the original version and did a line by comparison and noticed a couple of lines commented out that was from another modification I did to the file awhile back.

So here is another file with just the negotiated rates feature, hopefully it works for you.

The only other idea that I have is maybe there is a conflict in PHP? I'm using version 5.2.9 if you are using 4.? Then that may be it as well.
    Maybe someone else more knowledgeable in PHP can look at the file and see if my changes conflict with a lower version of PHP??
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by marcopolo; 27 Jun 2009 at 01:14 AM.

Plugin Contributions

Ok also you will notice in this zip the directory structure, the modified file goes only in:

includes/modules/shipping

DO NOT override the file that is in your Admin directory that one is different, if you did that then that is your issue restore the original and just override the one in the above directory.

Plugin Contributions

Marco.....THANKS SOOOOOO MUCH!!!!!! It works!!! I have been racking my brain on this for friggin weeks on this and you gave me the solution! Thank you sooo much I don't know how I can ever repay you, you have saved me sooo many headaches now. Anything you ever need just let me know.

You are the only one that came through with this solution and I can't believe there aren't more people after this solution.

Thanks again!

Plugin Contributions

Marco...new problem arose!

WHen we go to the final stage of checkout I get an error that says "Shipping Method must be less then 64 characters". What does this mean? It won't le us complete the order.

Please help!!

Thanks

Plugin Contributions

OK, it turns out that the numbers I was seeing were not my negotiated rates and I am getting Worldship set up tp see my negotiated rates as we speak.

I decided to try your contribution file but when I tried to ship a 3lb package from MA to OK the rates came up as:

Ground $3.00
    3 Day $12.00
    2nd Day $2.00
    Next Day Saver $13.00

Also when I looked at my admin page I could not see all of the shipping methods and the "install/edit" area to the right was missing. The shipping methods that I could see went the full width of the screen.

What did I miss? Were there any other altered files? I quickly reverted to my backup upsxml.php file because this is a live site.

Marc

Plugin Contributions

cspan27 I'm not sure what that could be, does the regular module works?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast