Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: UPS discounted rates not showing in UPS XML

tat2nu I'm thinking your issue is that your online account is not setup for the negotiated rates, I would email UPS tech support and ask them if your UPS User Id and UPS Account number are authorized for negotiated rates. They are pretty good at responding the next day to these type of questions.

Also don't take your reps word for it talk to tech support, my rep thought I was and I had to show him the email from UPS stating that it was and have him authorize it.

Plugin Contributions

Marco.....I figured it out and I don't know who is responsible for the glitch.....whether it is the module or Zen Cart itself but here is the solution:

It is only allowing 64 characters in length for the labels on the list ofcosts at check out. The shipping label that says "United Parcel Service (1 x 0.21lbs) ETA:........" far exceeds the 64 character count. So I went into the code and abbreviated United Parcel Service to UPS, which cut the label to below 64 characters and everything worked!!

Have you ever heard of this or has any one? I would like to change that 64 character limit to something higher but I don't know where to go to do this so right now I have found this solution.

Plugin Contributions

I do not use any of that (1 x 0.21lbs) within the name so it keeps the names short and simple.

Plugin Contributions

I have confirmed with UPS that my negotiated rates are set up. The negotiated rates show up in Worldship now just fine. I uninstalled the UPSXML module and reinstalled it with your modified file just to be sure. I even tried my UPS account number with both an upper case letter and a lower case letter but I still get similar results. Only the next day quote is now showing as $1.00 in stead of $13.00. So something changed a little but in the wrong direction. LOL.

I am going to try the mods on me new test site where I can tweak them without fear of losing sales or having to ship 'next day' for $1.00

Any ideas on what to look for?

Marc

Plugin Contributions

OK, I had the UPS XML mod set up on a fresh 1.3.8s test site and it was returning published rates.

I changed the includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.php file with yours and added my UPS shipper number in the space described. I now am getting no rates returned at all for UPS.

Can it be that my negotiated rates were only installed today that they are just not showing up yet? I am confused to say the least at this point.

Marc

Plugin Contributions

Once they turn it on from what I am told it takes 24 hours to start receiving the rates.

You can turn on the debug mode inside the file and see what UPS is returning to you.

Another way to check is to go to UPS.com and do some calculations if the discount rate is showing there then they should be on your website as well.

Plugin Contributions

I am not set with UPS.com I use Worldship 11 and that is returning the correct rates and even give me the comparison to the published rates in my days end report.

I am a little confused. I created a upsxml.log file at includes/modules/shipping/upsxml.log

I un commented the next line to look like this

$this->logfile = '/upsxml.log';

Then while trying to check out with a test order on my test site no rates were returned for UPS at all and no errors given. I went back to my FTP program to check the upsxml.log file but it was still empty. Did I do something wrong here?

My test site is www.needlejig.com/test if you would take a look and see if there is something that I am missing.

Marc

Plugin Contributions

I use worldship as well however to get the negotiated rates with this module UPS has to do some backend work, you have to email them and see what they say. Basically once you can login to UPS.com and see your discounted rates there you should be good to go with this module.

Plugin Contributions

Thanks for the quick response.

OK, I set up a ups.com account that is associated with my UPS account number and I am seeing published rates on there. Can you tell me what department you contacted to get your negotiated rates to show online? I just hate being passed from person to person for days on end.

Marc

Plugin Contributions

I emailed whatever the link was online, forgot now I think is a general form with options guiding you to the right department.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast