Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Featured Products Change by Category...

Unfortunately, I just tried and that's not really an option...
    my single column site has just about every ZenCart feature turned off, figuring out how to put everything back to default is quite a big task.

Plus, I would have to revert back yet again (to get back to the way it is)...
    is there an easy way to get the admin back to default settings?

Plugin Contributions

Time ran out...please ignore the last post.

EDIT: I did find out that my template page (Product Listing) is being treated differently from the category pages.

I enabled "Configuration > Index Listing > Show Featured Products on Main Page - Category with SubCategories",
    and now the proper Featured Listings are showing on the category pages (w00t!)...
    but it's still not working on the Product Listing (which is where I need it).

For some reason my Product Listing template is being treated as a main page...
    is there a different line of PHP code for each of the Featured Listings (main page, categories, etc)?
    I assumed it was all done in the logic.

Anyway, it's a step closer...
    I'll have to take a harder look at it this evening,
    see if I can figure out what's up.

Any immediate suggestions? thx!!!

Plugin Contributions

Well, this has gotten to a point where I can't read the PHP well enough to decipher...
    if the answer is in there, it's buried in the logic somewhere.

I have this snip of code inserted into the bottom of "tpl_product_info_display.php"...

PHP Code:
    <!--bof featured products module-->
    <?php require($template->get_template_dir('tpl_modules_featured_products.php'DIR_WS_TEMPLATE$current_page_base,'templates'). '/' 'tpl_modules_featured_products.php');?>
    <!--eof featured products module-->
    Since this code snippet is now on a template that zen cart wasn't programmed to use (for Featured Products),
    I'm beginning to think the logic may not even be there in the first place....this could be the reason it doesn't work...?

Anyway thank you Ajeh, if you have any ideas I've still got a little momentum left...

Otherwise, visit my site (please go to the root domain) and choose a shirt...
    then just checkout with a money order and leave me a note, I'll send it to you for free!!
    (this is so I have your address and order info for pick list / shipping label).

Plugin Contributions

To get just Featured Products from the current Category branch, you need to customize the file:
    /includes/modules/featured_products.php

for the tpl_product_info_display.php you would need to copy it to your templates and overrides and change the IF from:
    Code:
    if ( (($manufacturers_id > 0 && $_GET['filter_id'] == 0) || $_GET['music_genre_id'] > 0 || $_GET['record_company_id'] > 0) || (!isset($new_products_category_id) || $new_products_category_id == '0') ) {
    to read:
    Code:
    if ( $_GET['main_page'] != 'product_info' && ((($manufacturers_id > 0 && $_GET['filter_id'] == 0) || $_GET['music_genre_id'] > 0 || $_GET['record_company_id'] > 0) || (!isset($new_products_category_id) || $new_products_category_id == '0')) ) {
    This should now produce the Featured Products for the correct category when browsing the Product Details ...

NOTE: Depending on the Layout of your Products and Categories, there may need to be additional tweaking to get just Featured Products from this branch of the Category Tree ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

LOL!!! That's awesome!!! (can you tell I had given up on it? hehe)

I tested a couple things with it, seems to work perfectly...
    linked products display as "Featured" in their respective categories!

Thanks Linda, I just hated the idea of showing movie shirts to someone surfing the music category...
    it's the little things (that don't make sense) which usually make the biggest impact.

So please, go ahead and pick a couple shirts...
    you can PM me your details, or follow my directions above,
    I'll send a package off in a few days!

Seriously, feel free to take me up on it.

Plugin Contributions

Glad to hear that this worked for you ...

Thanks for the offer ... when I have time I will peek around your site ... after I remember where the site is ... your temp link expired ...
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

See your PM's...THX!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12