Plugin Contributions

Default Use write-in attribute as total on shopping cart

Ok...

This is my boss's thing, not mine. I think it's a little weird, but this is how he wants to do things.

He wants to have a write in blank on the product page... the customer fills in an offer for the product, and submits it. This doesn't process a payment, and I've already worked that part out. Just submits it to our sales team... Then we contact the customer back to negotiate the pricing/shipping/custom features/etc of the product.

Basically the idea behind the storefront is not to be a storefront entirely, but to save time for our sales team and allow them to handle larger regions by automating some of the process.

So I can add a text attribute field for pricing... and I could probably even modify that to make it a currency field without too much trouble.

But where can I edit the shopping cart code to get it to display those values and sum them up for the sub totals displayed, instead of the "min bid" value which is just going in the normal "cost" field for the product.

Any help? Or is there possibly some silent auction type mod out there that basically does this already? I kinda doubt it, but ya never know...

Thanks in advance. Best thing about open source is always the community.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Use write-in attribute as total on shopping cart

I'm gonna try bumping this to see if anyone takes a stab at it now...

And to clarify, basically I'm just looking for a

If the product has an attribute field with something in it, use that for the shopping cart total... if it doesn't have the field, or the field is empty, use the standard price/reserve price in the shopping cart total.

Anyone know of a mod that might do this or can just point me to the right section of code for the order calculations? I'm not exactly good with PHP, so I have a tough time finding things, and I can't write much of anything from scratch, but once I find what I need, I'm pretty good at puzzling out ways to manipulate existing stuff to get it to do what I want.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Use write-in attribute as total on shopping cart

I know this is a delayed response, but just in case someone else is looking for the answer here... You can set your product to "Call for price". This is located on the Product page in the admin, near the spot where you normally enter the price.