Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Admin is now READ ONLY.. (didn't install the patch correctly)

Hi folks - can't find anything with the search function so need to post...

I upgraded to the lastest security patch (1.38a) and all seemed fine - could access admin with no issues.
    After reading the security recommendation to rename the admin account i renamed mine accordingly... and didn't think much of it.

Today i've come to make some changes to the site but find that i cannot make a single change - whether adding another user or changing ANY config settings...when i click 'APPLY' i'm simply taken back to the 'stats' page....

Very confusing (well it is for me)..... would this likely to be a database issue or perhaps a config file that could be causing the problem?

Cheers
    Ian

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin is now READ ONLY..

I also tried the security patch on 1.3.7. I am not proficient at this, and ended up restoring to a previous date. Also, prior to adding the secutity patch I had uploaded images for new products. I have now lost all images. I removed the new images, but still not displaying previous images. Now I cannot change anything in admin. Any Help would be appreciated. I have been searching the forum for 2 days.
    Thank you
    www.bluestilly.com

Plugin Contributions

Just for further info:

I can create another customer through the store front end - but can't remove the user via the admin control panel. The only way i can remove the user is directly via MySQL.

The 'only' thing i've been able to edit in the admin control panel so far was removing the PayPal express module. No other edits appear possible - even altering store details.

The strange thing is the redirect to the 'stats' page every time i press 'apply' to an edit - regardless of which page i'm editing.

Cheers
    Ian

Plugin Contributions

Ok - problem solved!!

I checked the content of the newly updated /admin/includes/functions/html_output.php file and noticed that the line of code that should have been added wasn't there..(see: Amending html_output.php by hand - in the 'readme.html' file - security_patch_v138_20090619).

So the 'fix' was to remove the broken html_output.php file and replace it (not overwrite) with the new one. (I'd simply overwritten it last time and something must have gone pear shaped).

So yes - Pilot Error !

Plugin Contributions

Yeah. Thank you. I was able to fix the Admin problem. Still working on my broken image links.

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Coffee1 View Post
    Yeah. Thank you. I was able to fix the Admin problem. Still working on my broken image links.
    Firstly - can you see the images via an FTP client?

If yes then If you were to add a new item can you select one of them for the new item?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Admin is now READ ONLY.. (didn't install the patch correctly)

I usually upload directly from my server. All image links are broken, even my previous images. I will try the FTP client. Thank you for helping a slow learner!

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Did you perhaps edit your configure.php files incorrectly?
    What is the URL that your broken images are pointing to? And what's wrong with that URL? And what error message occurs when you try to access that image directly in the browser?

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

I do not know if my configure.php file is correct. I apologize, but how do I tell? I thought when I restored my files after trying to install the security patch, all files would have been put back correctly.
    Also, I did try to direct ftp an image and it still shows error.
    All images point to http://bluestilly.com/zen-cart/images
    That seems correct to me.

Plugin Contributions

Still working on my image problem. I can see the images via FTP client and I did try adding a new product with a new image, and it still does not display. I can not find any issues with the configure.php, although, not sure if I would recognize it. I had not actually changed anything there originally. Any other suggestions appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast