Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Paypal - Order Status - Processing

I have paypal express checkout enabled as well as paypal ipn. The order status for both of these reads "processing". It has been about a week now.. what does this mean? They aren't working properly either.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal - Order Status - Processing

They aren't working properly either.
    ... and that means what?
    Please do not PM for support issues: a private solution doesn't benefit the community.

Be careful with unsolicited advice via email or PM - Make sure the person you are talking to is a reliable source.

Plugin Contributions

protocol https not supported in libcurl when i go to checkout. i was wondering if that was because they have not processed.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by raymonster View Post
    The order status for both of these reads "processing".
    If you're referring to the "order status" column on the list of payment modules in your admin area (Admin->Modules->Payment), that text is only telling you the status that you have the module set to use for transactions completed using that module.

ie: If you have PayPal Express Checkout installed, and you have its order-status setting set to "processing", then when someone successfully checks out with the PayPal Express Checkout module to pay for their order, their order will be set to "processing" status.

You, the storeowner, control what status each order is in once it's received, as well as updating it by hand whenever you do something to the order, such as ship it, etc.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by raymonster View Post
    protocol https not supported in libcurl when i go to checkout.
    That means your server's got a configuration problem and cannot do CURL communications over HTTPS ... which is required for PayPal transactions to work.
    You'll have to get your hosting company to fix the server problem causing that error message.

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default paypal express checkout and ipn errors

"An error occurred when we tried to contact the payment processor. Please try again, select an alternate payment method, or contact the store owner for assistance. () - (1) Protocol https not supported or disabled in libcurl"

I have been trying to figure out why this is happening for a while now. I have been given advice to enable ssl on my curl configuration but that didn't fix the problem. Could it be a script error or maybe I have something turned off in admin that needs to be turned on? My curl configuration is as follows:

curl version: 7.19.5
    Host setup: i386-unknown-freebsd4.5
    Install prefix: /usr/local
    Compiler: gcc
    SSL support: enabled (OpenSSL)
    SSH support: no (--with-libssh2)
    zlib support: enabled
    krb4 support: no (--with-krb4*)
    GSSAPI support: no (--with-gssapi)
    SPNEGO support: no (--with-spnego)
    c-ares support: no (--enable-ares)
    ipv6 support: no (--enable-ipv6)
    IDN support: no (--with-libidn)
    Build libcurl: Shared=yes, Static=yes
    Built-in manual: enabled
    Verbose errors: enabled (--disable-verbose)
    SSPI support: no (--enable-sspi)
    ca cert bundle: no
    ca cert path: no
    LDAP support: no (--enable-ldap / --with-ldap-lib / --with-lber-lib)
    LDAPS support: no (--enable-ldaps)

if you see anything wrong with that then let me know...
    also if you want to see the message for urself just go to
    www.proav.airportcircle.com and try checking out with paypal.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: paypal express checkout and ipn errors

"Protocol https not supported or disabled in libcurl" -- THAT is an error message from your server, indicating that the CURL configuration of the server doesn't have HTTPS / SSL support enabled.

As I said before, your hosting company will have to fix the server configuration problem. It has NOTHING to do with Zen Cart software.

Plugin Contributions

Are you absolutely positive that that is the issue? Like I said and have shown you, SSL is enabled. There is no reason that this should not be working.

this is my curl config

curl version: 7.19.5
    Host setup: i386-unknown-freebsd4.5
    Install prefix: /usr/local
    Compiler: gcc
    SSL support: enabled (OpenSSL)
    SSH support: no (--with-libssh2)
    zlib support: enabled
    krb4 support: no (--with-krb4*)
    GSSAPI support: no (--with-gssapi)
    SPNEGO support: no (--with-spnego)
    c-ares support: no (--enable-ares)
    ipv6 support: no (--enable-ipv6)
    IDN support: no (--with-libidn)
    Build libcurl: Shared=yes, Static=yes
    Built-in manual: enabled
    Verbose errors: enabled (--disable-verbose)
    SSPI support: no (--enable-sspi)
    ca cert bundle: no
    ca cert path: no
    LDAP support: no (--enable-ldap / --with-ldap-lib / --with-lber-lib)
    LDAPS support: no (--enable-ldaps)

everything is as it should be. I really feel that there might be an issue with zen-cart because everything else seems to be exactly how you are telling me it should be.

Plugin Contributions

I am currently in an ongoing communication with my server on this topic as well.. they are confused too. They have absolutely everything enabled that I told them too and I am still getting that error message.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Zen Cart doesn't use command-line CURL. It uses libcurl to access the CURL client via the PHP curl_init(). libcurl is part of your PHP configuration.
    That's what's misconfigured on your server.

Quick testing can be seen here: http://www.proav.airportcircle.com/e...t.php?paypal=1
    Once you've got the server configuration fixed, the "protocol https not supported or disabled in libcurl" message will go away, and you'll get a response from the PayPal server (it'll be an error message about invalid credentials, but that will thus confirm that CURL is working).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast