ok, well, I've used a lot of carts but not this one before, and I wasn't trying to turn this into an ssl discussion, but a discussion of how to get the sim module working.

What I did was download a new copy of the whole zencart, copy just the module files up to the server, uninstalled it from my admin and reinstalled it. It reset up the database for itself, and worked like a charm.

I had a good laugh reading "three easy steps to upgrading your zencart". Since I just copied all of this down from one server to move to a new one, because the old webmaster wouldn't even make updates, I don't really need to do all the multiple, "install it to this folder" stuff.

I guess my point is, all of the documentation is either so "leet" even the leet have problems reading it, or it's non existent, as in the case of the sim module instructions. There's more to setting up authorize.net to work with a cart than cart settings.

Now to figure out what things need to be changed on authorize to return the authorization, and know what page it's supposed to be coming from etc etc which isn't covered in any of the directions on the site for any module.