Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: USPS Rounding Errors -- Should never round down

Quote Originally Posted by Ajeh View Post
    What settings do you have on the Shipping/Packaging ...
    Handling Fee: 1.00
    Tax Class: --none--
    Tax Basis: Shipping
    Shipping Zone: --none--
    Sort Order: 0
    All Packages are Machinable: True
    Domestic Shipping Methods: PRIORITY, FIRST CLASS
    International Shipping Methods: Priority Mail International, First-Class Mail Int
    Debug Mode: Off

What is the exact weight that you are using on the Product for the 1 ounce?
    0.036 lbs

So despite having 1st Class Mail International as an option, where someone in Canada ordering this product should only have to pay a total of $2.23, ZC is calculating the shipping & handling as if Priority International were the only option, which in this case means a $20.00 charge... something is clearly wrong here.

Thanks for the continued help on all this.....

Plugin Contributions

First, 1 ounce = 0.0625 pounds ...

So, .036 is not 1 ounce ...

Next, the Shipping/Packing settings I am referring to is in the Configuration ... Shipping/Packaging ... what are those settings?
    Linda McGrath
    If you have to think ... you haven't been zenned ...

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]
    Officially PayPal-Certified! Just click here

Try our Zen Cart Recommended Services - Hosting, Payment and more ...
    Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

First, 1 ounce = 0.0625 pounds ...

So, .036 is not 1 ounce ...
    Once again, USPS requires that all weights get rounded UP to the nearest whole ounce, so as far as this topic is concerned, 0.36 lbs most certainly needs to be treated as 1 ounce. Whoever programmed the USPS module needs to understand this, without question. However, based on the module's performance so far, it doesn't appear that the understanding is there.

Next, the Shipping/Packing settings I am referring to is in the Configuration ... Shipping/Packaging ... what are those settings?
    Country of Origin: United States
    Postal Code: 02476
    Maximum Package Weight: 50
    Package Tare Small to Medium: 0:0
    Larger packages: 0:0
    Display: 0
    Order Free Shipping: 0

It's not the tare settings obviously that are causing anything unusual, and unless there are other settings somewhere that I have missed, it appears the USPS module has more than just the rounding issue... so far the First Class International option appears to be "broken."

Thanks again for looking into all of this,
    -Dan
    Last edited by TraderDan; 9 Aug 2009 at 11:58 PM. Reason: better clarity

Plugin Contributions

I get on shipping to Canada:
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.36lbs) (Global Express Guaranteed (1 - 3 days)) $31.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.36lbs) (Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Rectangular (1 - 3 days)) $31.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.36lbs) (Global Express Guaranteed Non-Document Non-Rectangular (1 - 3 days)) $31.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.36lbs) (Express Mail International (EMS) (5 days)) $25.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.36lbs) (Express Mail International (EMS) Flat-Rate Envelope (5 days)) $25.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.36lbs) (Priority Mail International (6 - 10 days)) $19.00
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.36lbs) (Priority Mail International Flat-Rate Envelope (6 - 10 days)) $10.95
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.36lbs) (First Class Mail International Large Envelope (Varies)) $2.33
    United States Postal Service (1 x 0.36lbs) (First Class Mail International Package (Varies)) $2.53
    Do a search on the Tools ... Developers Tool Kit ... in the bottom input box for:
    usps.php

What comes up on the ID for that file?

Did you do a REMOVE, INSTALL and reconfigure it?
    Linda McGrath

Did YOU buy the Zen Cart Team a cup of coffee and a donut today? Just click here to support the Zen Cart Team!!

Are you using the latest? Perhaps you've a problem that's fixed in the latest version: [Upgrade today: v1.5.5]

Signup for our Announcements Forums to stay up to date on important changes and updates!

Plugin Contributions

Do a search on the Tools ... Developers Tool Kit ... in the bottom input box for:
    usps.php

What comes up on the ID for that file?
    I get two search results:

includes/languages/english/modules/shipping/usps.php
    Line #6 : * @version $Id: usps.php 4867 2006-10-31 09:59:01Z drbyte $

includes/modules/shipping/usps.php
    Line #6 : * @version $Id: usps.php 7503 2007-11-27 20:36:04Z ajeh $

Did you do a REMOVE, INSTALL and reconfigure it?
    I believe I did at one point early on, but not recently, no. I do recall applying a recent patch (for rate updates maybe), or at least I believe it was successfully applied.

I'd be willing to do a complete reinstall of the module of you thought that would actually work, but I would like to make sure I definitely have all the latest files first... thanks.

Plugin Contributions

The current USPS shipping module should be:
    * @version $Id: usps.php 8516 2008-05-13 01:56:07Z drbyte $
    Please get the current version and install it on your site and follow the directions to REMOVE, load the new code, INSTALL and reconfigure it ...
    http://www.zen-cart.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97461
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

OK, followed all the instructions to REMOVE, UPDATE, and RE-INSTALL the USPS Shipping Module as explained in the thread you gave. In fact, I have now done this TWICE, and very carefully I might add... First Class International is still not showing as an option for a package that is not even 1 ounce.

Here's the craziest part... I did another search using the Developers Tool Kit and it is still returning the following:

includes/modules/shipping/usps.php
    Line #6 : * @version $Id: usps.php 7503 2007-11-27 20:36:04Z ajeh $

If I go and download that file from the server and open it up, I assure you it's the latest file that I just uploaded TWICE. Now why on earth is the search coming up with ID# 7503 ?!?!

Plugin Contributions

So no admins actually care that the USPS Shipping Module simply does NOT function correctly? Say it ain't so.....

Plugin Contributions

TraderDan, that is still not the right file ...

If you edit the file, you will see it contains on line 3:
    * USPS Module for Zen Cart v1.3.x, revised May 12, 2008 for new USPS rates effective May 12, 2008
    And that the ID on line 9 is:
    * @version $Id: usps.php 8516 2008-05-13 01:56:07Z drbyte $
    Get the USPS May 12 2008 download and load it to the directory:
    /includes/modules/shipping

If you then search it and get the wrong date, delete the file on the server ... and then load it ...
    Linda McGrath

Plugin Contributions

OK, I have finally got this thing figured out, and here's what the problem was:

I had moved the entire ZC storefront into a different sub-directory on my site a little while ago. In doing so, I overlooked a couple settings in the configure.php file like the COMPLETE path for example... it was still pointing to the older files. This is why even though I performed the USPS update, that the Toolkit was still finding the old stuff when I searched. I finally noticed that the full path I was looking at in the results was not right, and that tipped me off.

So yeah, I double-checked all my config settings to ensure all references to the path were correctly pointing to the new store directory. Once that was done I went and removed, updated, and re-installed the USPS module one last time and now it appears to be working like it should. Not sure yet if it's rounding properly in every case (more on that soon), but the First Class International option appears to be functioning soundly.

Thanks for taking the time to help, Ajeh, and sorry to have wasted any of your time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast