Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Plugin Contributions

Default Product Upload problem

I'm not sure which version i am using, but if the version does make any difference then could you tell me how to find the version out and i will post it up.

to the problem is im trying to upload a series of products 880 in total, and i go through the split option because easy populate can only handle 255 at a time? i've filled in all the categories that need filling in, saved as a text tab delimited file & tried to upload, it says its all going well, till i check my online catalogue and there are no images, no preview downloads or downloads themselves, i copy the exact directory given to me when i use Core FTP lite, so are there any ideas on what the problem could be?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Product Upload problem

, it says its all going well, till i check my online catalogue and there are no images, no preview downloads or downloads themselves
    ep only populates the database with the details NOT the actual image files or the download files

You must FTP these images and download files seperately to their proper locations
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

may be you must be reloading

Plugin Contributions

Read my WIKI on Easy Populate...

http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/Easy_Populate

... and as Kobra says, EP does not load up actual image and download material. EP writes references to the database - so all you can do with EP is write the LOCATION of these images and downloads. Zencart php reads the LOCATION from the database, then the php collects the actual material (files) from the relevant directory on the server.
    20 years a Zencart User

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by schoolboy View Post
    Read my WIKI on Easy Populate...

http://www.zen-cart.com/wiki/index.php/Easy_Populate

... and as Kobra says, EP does not load up actual image and download material. EP writes references to the database - so all you can do with EP is write the LOCATION of these images and downloads. Zencart php reads the LOCATION from the database, then the php collects the actual material (files) from the relevant directory on the server.
    I am aware that i have to FTP up all of the files myself and have done so, i have sorted out the jpeg side of things by having all the images in just the images directory then do a file name find macro then concatenate .jpeg after, so thats one of my problems sorted out however i have other files in directories such as download/series name/product SKU/applet/file even when doing the exact directory copying and pasting off the bar in FTP it still will give me the error 404 message, all of my products are active. And i have read your wiki btw its been very helpful so far, just need last 1 push for help and i think i've got things sorted.

Plugin Contributions

however i have other files in directories such as download/series name/product SKU/applet/file even when doing the exact directory copying and pasting off the bar in FTP it still will give me the error 404 message,
    Have you tried adding one manually, check that you have added it correctly and that it functions - so that when you create a downloadble csv with ep, you can see the proper structure?
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    Have you tried adding one manually, check that you have added it correctly and that it functions - so that when you create a downloadble csv with ep, you can see the proper structure?
    i have done a manual test to see that it works properly for both my preview files and download files and even a test purchase without fail, it seems im getting something wrong on the EP side of things

Plugin Contributions

it seems im getting something wrong on the EP side of things
    That is why I am suggesting that you create a download csv with ep
    Then you can compare the entries of those you know work to those that do not
    Zen-Venom Get Bitten

Plugin Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by kobra View Post
    That is why I am suggesting that you create a download csv with ep
    Then you can compare the entries of those you know work to those that do not
    i will give it a go and reply back as soon as possible,

i also found that my auto exporter for the products adds an underscore at the start of the file name that may also be hindering my efforts, but i didnt come across it till now i will try another EP with the corrected file names and if that doesnt work i will try comparing a working manual download csv with ep to my current ones that do not work.

Plugin Contributions

i think i may have the wrong idea for how to do this so i will give a quick example and could you tell me where im going wrong..
    Quote Originally Posted by EasyPopulate
    <p>Click <a href="./Hypercosm_Product_Files_18_04/18_04_00_01_01_01/applet/_18_04_00_01_01_01.hcvm">here </a> to download your FREE preview.
    the full directory would be

Quote Originally Posted by CoreFTP
    /3dguides.co.uk/previews/Hypercosm_Product_Files_18_04/18_03_02_04_04_01/applet/_18_03_02_04_04_01.hcvm
    yes they are different product numbers, but that is a quick example from ftp & ep on what the directories are, ive tried all sorts of directorys like not including 3dguides etc..
    have any ideas where i might be going wrong?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast