Plugin Contributions

bug How do I set up downloads? Download manager isn't showing my uploaded files

Zen Cart v1.3.8a/v1.3.8
    http://www.durkmusicbeats.com/store
    Host Gator

Can someone explain the downloads manager to me. I am uploading multiple files in the download folder but nothing is showing up in the downloads manager.

Thanks.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I set up downloads? Download manager isn't showing my uploaded files

Have you noticed the warning on your Beats page?

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: How do I set up downloads? Download manager isn't showing my uploaded files

Well I fixed that problem then screwed it up so I just reinstalled it. So we will see what happens.
    Last edited by durkmusic; 15 Jul 2009 at 11:34 PM.

Plugin Contributions

Sure.

You need to do what it says.

Correction -- SAID. You removed the item(s). Search the tutorials for download.

Plugin Contributions

Lol sorry I'm new at this. But this time there is no error and it's still not showing my files. Is there some kind of setting that needs to be changed?

Plugin Contributions

You don't have any products ...

Plugin Contributions

Still not seeing anything in the downloads manager. I'm trying to set it up to where you download the file once you buy it.

Plugin Contributions

I'm still seeing nothing in the downloads manager. I re installed it. No errors. Uploaded files into the download folder. No errors. Nothing shows in the downloads manager. I add products. No errors. Still nothing showing. Any ideas?

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

There is a specific procedure for attaching downloadable files to products: https://www.zen-cart.com/tutorials/index.php?article=71
    Once you have created your products, you must then add the attribute to the product, using the correct attribute type and linking the file in the attribute controller. The FAQ article explains the process.

The download manager doesn't simply show you a list of files you've uploaded. Instead, it shows you the list of files you've connected to products using the prescribed method.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Ah thank you so much.