Plugin Contributions

Default "Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish to"

Hi

I am using Zen-Cart 1.3.8a and Paypal Express Checkout for my website. The business and the paypal account are in India but when a customer from USA is attempting to checkout with Bill-To address in USA and Ship-to address in India, he gets an error :

"Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish to"

Can you please help?

Regards
    SD

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish t

As the message says, this is a Paypal restriction. You'd have to discuss it with them or change to a local payment processor.
    Kuroi Web Design and Development | Twitter

(Questions answered in the forum only - so that any forum member can benefit - not by personal message)

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish t

Thank you, I will follow-up with them.

Plugin Contributions

Hello,
    I just spoke to the paypal merchant services support team. Here is the issue:

1. Paypal express checkout works fine. --No Issues here

2. When user chooses to do regular checkout , after confirming the order on zen-cart site, he is directed to paypal website. There, instead of his Bill-To Address, the shipping address is passed to paypal as billing address.

Here, if the user changes the bill-to address on paypal site, the error is thrown as " Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish to"

Where do we fix this issue? How do we make the zen-cart to send correct bill-to address ?

Regards
    SD

Plugin Contributions

Hi

I would really appreciate if someone can help. The website is www.seebuysend.com.

Again, the problem is when user selects a US address in Bill to and international address in Ship to, the ship to information is passed to Paypal website.
    Changing the address on paypal site causes the error.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
    Milind

Plugin Contributions

Looks like I just fixed it. Sometimes most complex problems get solved when you are on gunpoint , dont they?
    I will post some details later if anyone is interested ..

Regards

Plugin Contributions

I'm sorry to bump this months-old thread, but I found this thread by googling the error message in the title.

I'm having this same problem - customer with bill-to address in the US, but ship-to address in Germany. Paypal tells the customer "Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish to"

I called Paypal -- twice -- and they can't find anything in my account settings that would prevent someone from making an international payment. So that, plus this thread, seems to indicate the problem is with Zen Cart.

Would someone please help me with a patch or fix for this? It looks like dbsupp fixed his, but he didn't post how, so... I'm at a loss.

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

That's got nothing to do with your "seller" account settings. It's the *customer* who is attempting to ship to an address outside their own country. Apparently PayPal doesn't allow that, for fraud-prevention reasons or whatever.

Paypal displays this message if you have entered a delivery address in a different country to the one you registered with your Paypal account. Paypal does this to protect you from fraud.

An address override option will be added to the IPN module in Zen Cart 1.3.9 to hopefully help work around such cases.
    Alternatively, using Express Checkout will avoid the problem as well.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish

If anyone is still having this problem, I encountered the same thing.

New in v1.3.9, you can now go to PAYMENTS > "PayPal Website Payments Standard - IPN" > Address Override
    (I'm not using payments pro so I can't tell you if it's the same for that)

Set the address override to "0".

If you set it to 1, the address in Zen Cart overrides the Paypal address (the billing address), so when when it compares the addresses, if they don't match exactly, you get this error.

Plugin Contributions

Default Re: "Paypal does not allow your country of residence to ship to the country you wish

Thanks a lot theprofessor!

I had the same problem to, and I hope this will fix it!