Default PayPal WPP and PayPal shipping

Hi folks,

We use PayPal shipping (PPS) with most of our orders.

For every order that is shipped through PPS a notification email is sent by PayPal to the customer. This feature, in our opinion, is confusing for the customers who did not pay through PayPal express checkout.

I spoke to PayPal merchant support and they tell me there is no way to turn it off. I mentioned one solution which was to have shopping cart pass our own email address during transaction and the PayPal rep said "that would be one way to do it".

Now, the question is which part of the WPP module is the one that is responsible for passing the email string? My thought is to send email string like: [email protected] so that the address is always unique as well as easy to recreate without storing. I looked at the PayPal php files and see that it also uses email to retrieve order info from PayPal at different times (such as when issuing refund), so this part of the code would need to be changed as well.

Does someone have good knowledge of this module who can help determine the parts of the code that needs to be modified for the made-up email address?

Thanks
    Case Badges by Techiant

Blog Entries
    Plugin Contributions

Default Re: PayPal WPP and PayPal shipping

Quote Originally Posted by Techiant View Post
    I spoke to PayPal merchant support and they tell me there is no way to turn it off. I mentioned one solution which was to have shopping cart pass our own email address during transaction and the PayPal rep said "that would be one way to do it".
    Doesn't sound like a definitive answer, but there's a noted lack of documentation on PPS so any workaround is all guesswork.

... which part of the WPP module is the one that is responsible for passing the email string? My thought is to send email string like: [email protected] so that the address is always unique as well as easy to recreate without storing.
    /includes/modules/payment/paypaldp.php, line 505 says:
    Code:
          'EMAIL'       => $order->customer['email_address'],
    Changing that to the following will make it send the email address from your admin settings for the admin copy of order-confirmation emails:
    Code:
          'EMAIL'       => SEND_EXTRA_ORDER_EMAILS_TO,
    I looked at the PayPal php files and see that it also uses email to retrieve order info from PayPal at different times (such as when issuing refund), so this part of the code would need to be changed as well.
    I'm not sure what gave you that idea.

Zen Cart - putting the dream of business ownership within reach of anyone!
    Donate to: DrByte directly or to the Zen Cart team as a whole

Remember: Any code suggestions you see here are merely suggestions. You assume full responsibility for your use of any such suggestions, including any impact ANY alterations you make to your site may have on your PCI compliance.
    Furthermore, any advice you see here about PCI matters is merely an opinion, and should not be relied upon as "official". Official PCI information should be obtained from the PCI Security Council directly or from one of their authorized Assessors.